[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do people feel safe keeping $10k+ on bittrex account, even with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1441928892521.jpg (15KB, 240x250px) Image search: [Google]
1441928892521.jpg
15KB, 240x250px
do people feel safe keeping $10k+ on bittrex account, even with 2fa? I know i would have anxiety all day thinking about possible hacks if i had that much on there. I know it's always better to have shit stored on an offline wallet but it's way less hassle buying and selling shitcoins if you just keep your shit on there. Is it pretty safe if you have 2fa activated?
>>
>>2712325
i have $2k on polo without 2fa
i already lost 1BTC on mtgox
>>
>>2712325
What if you just stay logged in? surely can't get hacked then right?
>>
>>2712350

why don't you turn on 2fa?
>>
I currently have $10k on my HDD and another $10k on Bittrex, at worse I lose half and I treat it all like play money because I started with $20.
>>
>>2712325

"Don't leave money on the exchange" is a meme.

People just as easily lose all their money because they put it in a separate wallet and then lose their keys to the wallet.
>>
>>2712383

And if you do that to coinbase they think you are suspicious and force you to close your account.
>>
>>2712383
>"Don't leave money on the exchange" is a meme.
It's not a meme though. You don't actually cryptos on the exchange. There's no secret key to get your money if they go under.
>>
>>2712350
You HAD $2k on polo ;)
>>
>>2712398

That's my other favorite meme: "If you don't have the keys then the coin isn't yours!"

Yes, and gov't can take your house anytime so it isn't yours. The money in the bank is just numbers stored in a database you don't have the keys to, so it isn't yours. You can slip on a banana peel and hit your head and die at any moment, so your life isn't yours.
>>
>>2712383
It's not a meme, people who aren't careful with their keys deserve to lose what they have. If you do take care however you have all the control over your funds
>>
>>2712421
Very true, easy to have a wallet and create a simple backup on at least one secondary device. Only newfags don't understand how exchanges have been hacked or closed up shop running with funds. Coinex, mtgox, mintpal, cryptsy, etc.
>>
>>2712418
>t. exchangelet

You're in for quite a treat tonight my friend ;^)
>>
>>2712418
>the Lord will call me to his kingdom via peel of banana.
One can only hope.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.