[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wallet recovery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: pepegiving.jpg (286KB, 1413x968px) Image search: [Google]
pepegiving.jpg
286KB, 1413x968px
Google didn't give me shit so I'll ask here.

What's the best way (if any) to recover my wallet.dat file that I... um... deleted a few years ago? I've got the passphrases and all that other shit but no wallet.dat. Could Recuva or something be successful?

Also, how much bitcoins you think have been lost over similar reasons? And how much will be? Will there ever be a way to know how much has been lost forever, and will there ever be a way to retrieve that? And wouldn't that actually make crypto less "durable" if coins can be easily lost over user's stupidity?
Just some thoughts. I probably won't be the last idiot to lose their money if the normies are coming.
>>
>>2709113
>I..uhh..Deleted it a few years ago.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

:^)

Good luck!
>>
>>2709113
how about if you found a wallet but can't remember the encryption password? Know roughly how many alphanumeric characters there are but just not the combination. Do I just brute force?
>>
good job faggot you lost your ticket to lambo land. you probably had like 5000 BTC in there.
>>
>>2709124
Let m = the size of the alphabet used to generate your passphrase, and let n = the length of your passphrase. This means there are at most m^n ordered arrangements without repetitions that must be tried before generating your wallet. Given most wallet "seeds" are many words long, including spaces, you might still be bruteforcing after the sun burns out.
>>
>>2709517
m^n ordered arrangements with character reptitions, I meant to say
>>
>>2709517
nah a shitty wallet with like a 6 character password

numbers+letters - no special characters
>>
>>2709124
If you post the wallet.dat file, I could try to crack it for ya.
>>
>>2709551
So we're looking at
upper case 26
lower case 26
numbers 10
total 62

6 characters
62^6 = 56 800 235 584, or about 56 billion combinations

You can build a bot to brute force this for you in about a week on a desktop pc i would think.
>>
>>2709113
If it's on a machine or usb drive with lots of free space and that was barely used in the interim then there's a real chance of recovery

If it's on your daily use pc the chance is much lower
>>
>>2709113
Lost coins increase the value of everybody else's, so there is a positive
>>
>>2709113
You can try with Testdisk and/or Photorec, anon. Good luck!
>>
File: IMG_5860.jpg (76KB, 907x907px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5860.jpg
76KB, 907x907px
>>2709124
google "bitcoin wallet recovery" see the bitcointalk link
>>
>>2709648
any references for how i should go about building this? VBasic? Java? would love to learn some CS shit.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.