[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help a beginner plz

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Hi /biz/. I am looking for help in starting stock trading.

I have a few thousand that i am willing to invest in the stock market and I have had success with apps that give you play money to pretend that you are trading on the real updating stock market over some months and have also lurked here for a similar amount of time.

>Do I go to my bank to buy stocks or should I use an online broker?
>If so, which online broker should I use and why?
>After I set up an account with a broker somehow, then what?
>Plz hold me hand. am tard noob
>>
>>2702346

if you can't use google to get the answers to those questions, how do you expect to have the research skills required to pick good stocks?

may as well just play roulette if you're just going to gamble
>>
>>2702346
It helps if you tell us where you are from.

But don't be a tard and just invest in some nice investment fund, It's slow but atleast you're not throwing away all your savings getting hustled by trading bots or something.

Take out a little if you want and try to trade some individual stocks, it's very addictive watching the numbers though so watch out.
>>
>>2702423
Oh well I made this thread as I was searching already. I just want confirmation.

So if I have this right:
>I should use online brokers.
>I should use TDA as a starting because $0 minimum for account and good ratings????
REEEE
>>
Buy bitcoins, send them all to me and I'll give you 10% more return than you'll get if you try yourself
>>
>>2702438
Find the most trustworthy, largest broker in your country. Look for if they have a starting package with low or zero costs and fees. They most likely
will have some tutorials and some slow growing
starter funds for you to use.

Remember never to invest more than you can't afford to lose.
>>
>>2702467
>Remember never to invest more than you can't afford to lose.
Yes yes :) I make good money playing poker and this is a top rule.

What do you guys think about TD Ameritrade?
Can my 17 yr old son open an account by himself?
>>
>>2702484
I'm Swedish so I can't help you there, but generally brokers/banks can set up so you can start a saving in your children's name.

Most brokers probably have a strict 18+ requirement for doing their own trading.
>>
>>2702430
>>2702456
>>2702467
>>2702522
Don't listen to these idiots.

Don't listen to anyone telling you to invest in a mutual fund unless you're happy with making 8% gains a year.

Don't open an account with common brokers Schwab, TD Ameritrade, Etrade, etc, unless you enjoy paying $12-$20 just to complete a buy and sell movement
And especially don't listen to crypto-shills unless you like scams, volatility, lack of security, website crashes, etc

Here's what you should do
>download the Robinhood app on your smartphone
It's a FREE stock trading platform. The only downside is it takes an extra day or two (compared to all other brokers) for money to settle when you sell a position but who cares? This means if you're an active trader and you realized you fucked up buying/selling a stock, and can buy/sell again without having to pay a fee. Robinhood has saved me thousands in trading fees

>go to websites like stockinvest.us and do some research on what the strongest buy recommendations are

>buy CERU and DRYS
>>
>>2702581
Damn, you have shitty brokers in the US
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.