[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the most stable currency ever invented?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: rai stone.jpg (161KB, 644x483px) Image search: [Google]
rai stone.jpg
161KB, 644x483px
>Rai stones are large circular disks with a hole in the center, like a doughnut, and stand as high as 12 feet tall and weighs as much as five tons each. Some of these stones are so large, they aren’t physically moved at all. They are simply owned, like immovable assets, and their transaction or ownership is recorded in the oral history. The physical location of the Rai is not important, the ownership is. In one instance, a large Rai was being transported by canoe when it accidentally dropped and sank to the sea floor. Although it was never seen again, everyone agreed that the Rai must still be there, so it continued to be transacted as genuine currency.

>The perceived value of a specific stone is based on its size and craftsmanship - the larger the stone, the higher its value. The amount of time and effort it took to transport the stone affected its value. At times, the men transporting the Rai stones would die during the journey. This loss of life increased the value of the stone depending on how many men were lost and for which particular Rai stone.
>>
>oral history
Trash.
>>
>>2696651
Distributed consensus
>>
>>2696636
stupid is as stupid does
>>
>>2696661
Extremely susceptible to a 51% attack, could these people not even invent one of those shitty knots-on-vines methods of record keeping?
>>
im going to steal the sunken rai stone.
>>
File: logo.png (31KB, 1280x344px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
31KB, 1280x344px
>>2696636
holy jej investing in RaiBlocks ASAP
>>
>>2696636
Sorry bro

But when I buy, I make sure that I purchase things that have a slight level of utility atleast
(in other words, things that are USEFUL AND NOT BROKEN)

When Japan have a tsunami wash the island off, then I sell their stocks and currency... because, who wants to purchase broken stuff unless you are a Romanian gypsy?

This stone is not useful, not for me, not for anybody, not to mention it kills people mistakenly, why not invest in shotguns that shoots sideways better?

>Please, try harder with shillings next time, goyim.
>>
>>2696636
Ok I'm in, what exchange?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.