[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else here is /cryptobot/? How profitable are you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 254
Thread images: 6

Who else here is /cryptobot/? How profitable are you?
>>
give the source code you massive nigger faggot, you cryptobot faggots are so secretive with your dumb bots that probably make you lose more money than they earn
>>
>>2693769
that theme is so ugly holy fuck
>>
>>2693793
welp, looks like I'm gonna have to change my theme now...
>>
I would unironically love to write one or contribute to one and then give ir some hundred bucks, just for the shit of it. I have no clue about financial math though and no time/motivation to learn about it.
>>
>>2693769
If high
buy
elseif low
sell
endif
>>
File: shhhh.jpg (49KB, 441x441px) Image search: [Google]
shhhh.jpg
49KB, 441x441px
>>2693769
Dunno what you're even talking about
>>
>>2693783
>don't create competition for yourself
>dumb
pick one dipshit

>>2693875
If you know some python its really easy. Finding a strategy that works isn't even that hard either... there are so many golden nuggets of info scattered across the internet if you put a little time into finding them.
>>
>>2693769
have a completely basic marketmaker, the logic behind it is very dumb and a 5y/o could do it

still profitable ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>2693769
still, I'd love to get some more interesting ones running
or even just parallelizing the dumb one would be neat, but I still work with API requests, I should use websockets

Also fuck bittrex for not having websockets
>>
>>2693976
Pretty sure bittrex has sockets, how else would it update charts without a refresh?
>>
>>2693920
all hail the /biz/bot!!!
>>
>>2693769

https://github.com/cryptobook-app/server
>>
>>2694009
Not accessible to the outside, so nothing official
Event sent a support ticket to ask for it
>>
>>2693769

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.altfolio.rmgsoftware
>>
I'm working on a bot which scrapes /biz/ uses sentiment analysis relating to particular coins then if this place is shilling it, it completely removes the coin from consideration
>>
>>2693976
Use HTTP, nigger
>>
>>2694063

I wrote one of these. Fun evening project.
>>
>>2693769
anyone willing to throw me a bone and direct me to any resource on where to begin? i have no knowledge of api integration with python
>>
>>2694356
If you have to ask a bunch of neets this question you're gonna get raped in the markets
>>
>>2694356
visit any exchanges api doc and start there
>>
>>2694356
Tried reading exchange's api documentation, retard?
>>
>>2694290
because having a limited request rate makes it viable to trade a lot of markets with hft algs at the same time
wtf man, 6 per second is not enough for that
>>
>>2694356
sigh
https://poloniex.com/support/api/
links to
https://pastebin.com/fbkheaRb

works fine as a basis
>>
>>2694595
>>2694425
tyvm
>>
>>2694050
>>2694050
>>2694050
>>2694050
>>
>>2694639

https://github.com/cryptobook-app
>>
I made a simple bot to cuck the guy doing pumps and dump but strangely while I managed to make money(10% gain) the time I joined and did the buying and selling by hand, when I used my bot I lost 75% buy buying at the highest point.

It seems that the cucking game is harder than I thought.
>>
>>2694730
Bots are easily manipulated if you figure out patterns.
>>
How much do you guys typically make with your bots? Do you need big capital to make even a small amount?
>>
Interesting stuff. I like your theme op, but I'd only continue to use it if you're making money (association with fat stacks xD
>>
>>2694754
yeah my code was literally just:
1)grab the coin by telegram api
2)buy at market price
3)sell at 3 time the price
>>
Can you get historical crypto trading data somewhere?
>>
>>2694857
>buy at market price
lol
>>
I'm fine with the programming but what about strategy? Also, what's the best way to backtest?
>>
>>2693769
>tfw all i know are shitty engineering coding languages

Looks like i wont be joining you guys in automated lamboland
>>
Lets build a tool from scratch - yes? no?

https://github.com/cryptobook-app/cryptrader
>>
>>2694972

Na.
>>
Anyone using the fuzzyhobit bot???
>>
>>2694050
This shit a scam?

I just created a back-up Bittrex account to test this out, and when I entered my API info an tried to do a trade, was told that "this feature is under development"...

Seems to be a phishing scam to me, famalampai.
>>
>>2694933
this, spoonfeed some basics pl0x.
do you guys use machine learning or just calculus?
and how much gainz OP?
>>
>>2695075
obviously scam
>>
Not one person posting gains
>>
>>2695150
why would they?
>>
>>2695079
I've not set up any ML stuff yet (although that is the field where I'm most competent in computer science). I plan on doing some simple regression to optimise all the params of my bot soon.

Then I want to see if there is any exploitable correlation between high-cap cryptos and low-cap cryptos by training a deep-meme neural net.
>>
Ok so I'm a programmer, made bots in to the past, but know nothing about crypto at all. What do
>>
>>2695182

Post Discord/steam
>>
>>2694808
nope
Scalability is a big issue for me, so basically my bot is more efficient with smaller amounts
>>
>>2694906
poloniex api gives chart data
bittrex: https://twitter.com/ramikawach/status/879405390118633472
all major btc exchanges have a good api
>>
>mfw I've created a cryptocurrency bot using Machine Learning and it's been running on Poloniex for the past month

I started with 1k and now I'm up to 10.6k.

All you need to do is program your bot to buy high and sell low, you'll profit.
>>
>>2693920
I lol'd
>>
>>2695176
I only have a simple market-maker so far.
What timeframe do you work on?
>>
>>2695367
5 min
>>
>>2695093
Not a scam. I'm the dev.

Come and check out my other project (>>2694972)

https://github.com/cryptobook-app/autocoinz
>>
>>2695367
>>2695372
But obviously that might not be the most profitable period. I have to do further analysis to find out...
>>
>>2695373
>repo full of 20 line snippets coded like ass
>not a scam
no offense but I just took a brief look and seemed sketchy as fuck
>>
>>2695271
How do you define low?
>>
>>2695381
And what type of alg is it?
There are so many, my next goal is to play around with correlations
But I still think my biggest edge might be to be able to work with the orderbook, something only few of the "standard trading algorithms you can read about" do
>>
>>2695398

Understand your apprehension.

I am simply looking to build tools that make OUR life easier. Nothing sinister.
>>
>>2695411
there is only the bittrex python wrapper here, do you know there was already one? might have saved you some time
>>
>>2695411
what python version are you using? im using the same bittrex.py file but i see errors everywhere concerning hmac and bytes format
>>
>>2695405
price_low = true
>>
>>2693769
Any good algorithm/design sources for crypto? Any other forums that focus on this?
>>
>>2695271
Post your bot plz for a poorfag
>>
>>2693769
>>2693955
how successful are you?
>>
File: kok.jpg (43KB, 600x363px) Image search: [Google]
kok.jpg
43KB, 600x363px
>>2695440
>>2695441
these fucking niggers
>>
>>2695446
>>2693769
Also isn't crypto pretty much gambling? How successful can prediction algos get with this?
>>
>>2695464
People on the internet lie, you can't predict swings in crypto.
>>
>>2695481
Was that a lie?
>>
>>2695464
>>2695481
See Vicki Crypto Bot. Started with $1000, now at over $1 550 000. Trading history https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1epEq6wduul2B-pMkIhmWmE89hPeSjagJAc6QQkLm_rc/edit#gid=1387841486
>>
>>2693769
Pretty...

[+319.88 hours] Monitoring 191 currencies. Currently in on 0 buys, profits so far: 0.74279148 - Your balance: 1.04279148
>>
>>2695504
Oh, a spreadsheet on the internet where the numbers go up. I guess you're right
>>
>>2693793
i agree, darcula ftw
>>
>>2695517
own bot or bought?
>>
>>2695504
wtf
>>
>>2695543
amfd you won't even check, ok
>>
>>2695590
I built it. My day job is a software engineer in the telephony space, but I'm tired of working for other people and thought I could make a bot that would pay me more than they do. Not QUITE there yet, but getting very close at least as long as this crypto-space is volatile like it is now.

If it can just hold on another 3 or 4 months, I'll have stacked enough to quit and work on my own shit.
>>
>>2695620
>I'll have stacked enough to quit and work on my own shit.
How realistic is it to "work on your own shit" in software? Freelance work? The app fad is pretty much over afaik
>>
>>2695643
telephony != Calendar, I'm a telephone network operator and contributor to some major telecom software projects. I deal with Q931 and VOIP protocols, and build on extra shit to add value, like recordings, transcriptions, voice recognition, etc.

I hire people to do the apps and shit. Same for web development. That's not my bag.
>>
File: 1358581269435.jpg (19KB, 268x265px) Image search: [Google]
1358581269435.jpg
19KB, 268x265px
>>2694730
>when I used my bot I lost 75% buy buying at the highest point
post your code

also made a bot to be the same, generated between -2% & +5% gains, didn't seem like enough to bother continuing developing it, as based on the second-by-second data it was clear that all the groups were pre-pumped to hell and back
>>
>>2695681
What I meant when I brought up apps is that they were a more accessible way to sell something. Unless you mean business and have a healthy amount of capital to invest I don't see how you could make much money on your own
>>
>>2695176
>>2695079
I wonder if ML is any good for trading. Sure, there is some predictability, but is the market *that* predictable?
>>
>>2695706
It's pretty easy to make money when you have a great reputation.
>>
>>2695759
Fair enough. Good luck anon
>>
>>2695730
I trained up a few neural nets for my bot to use to predict if the price was going to continue to increase, but my biggest gains came from introducing randomness.

I've built 23 bots so far, each using slightly different strategies, but I've only got one so far that consistently doubles (and sometimes triples) my input when run against the data from the last month. It's kinda bullshit how it works, but it works...

The bot itself is only 236 lines of code, and the rest of the infrastructure is ~400 lines of code.
>>
I guess this is a good place to propose this idea.

My bot is really good at predicting short-term price increases, like 'we can expect [CURRENCY] to increase by at least [PERCENT] in the next hour or two. It's pretty much guaranteed that if you put in [AMOUNT] at [PRICE] you can sell it at [NEW_PRICE] and receive [NEW_AMOUNT].

Feel free to donate to [ADDRESS] if you want this thing to stick around'

Would you donate, anon?
>>
>>2695834
If it works, why not
>>
>>2695834
I'll donate if I make money from it.
>>
i can imagine the algo trading game is pretty hard, even in crypto. i bet there are a lot of wall st / hedge fund smartasses who have been doing it for a while in crypto already, getting pretty advanced with it

anyway, i'm gonna write a python script that collects certain data for me, such as volume changes, large trades, and certain other things. but i'm probably not gonna let it trade

would you recommend using python or java? i'm familiar with both but i'm not very skilled in either
>>
>>2695846
>>2695852

Cool. I'll try to put that together today/tomorrow, keep an eye out for the release sometime this week.
>>
>>2695885
I use Python for pretty much everything, but lately I've started to use Go.

Obviously you should use what works best for you. If you're not good at anything currently, then Python would be my recommendation since I'm extremely biased towards it.
>>
>>2695885
Crypto is perfect for small 1-man bots. Too small for wall st though.
>>
>>2695834
would you refund money if it doesn't work?
>>
>>2695904
i second this bias
>>
>>2695786
richanon how'd you start? I know programming and math but new to crypto / trading in general.

>>2695885
python: easier and much better libraries. Java is slightly faster but you're better off writing something that works first in python and later rewrite the core in C or something if you need speed.
>>
does anyone in here run arbitrage bots? i assume it's unlikely to make much profit in it in the large-volume coins (because the pros are probably doing it), but maybe in the lower volume shitcoins?
>>
>>2694063
What kind of algorithm is your sentiment analysis?
>>
>>2695786
Could you give a high-level summary of what it trades on, or is it a trade secret? Or about the other, less successful bots?

My summer project is building a trading bot, so I would love to hear about your experiences! Cheers
>>
>>2695786
Did you try completely different strategies, or just variations of the same idea?

I only have a hft market-maker so far, works fine but not great
Want to work with correlations next, but that might fail quickly as crypto is just too random and everything is moderately correlated
Also I thought about a tool that helps me trade shitcoins: Basic web-scraping to see activity of the devs as well as sentiment analysis on different social platforms. I want to save on that research time
>>
>>2695786
>The bot itself is only 236 lines of code
Shit, already more complex than bancor.
>>
typically, how often can you request data from an exchange's API? say i just want to pull the latest price of a coin. how often can i do it? i imagine they have put a limit on it(?)

also how often can i place/remove orders?
>>
>>2696102
Depends on exchange, eg 6/s on polo.
>>
File: nihilism.jpg (282KB, 2048x1382px) Image search: [Google]
nihilism.jpg
282KB, 2048x1382px
>>2695242
>bittrex: https://twitter.com/ramikawach/status/879405390118633472
Dope, thanks anon.
>>
>>2696102
>not having a request limitation bypass on your bot
you've got to step it up anon.
>>
Hey I have done much coursework and private project work in all sorts of maths from the elementary to the more meaty graduate level. I have experience in writing efficient algorithms, actual linear analysis, lots of stats, and all the math beneath necessary to be competent at creating models for this shit. I can code in python but am a rubbish programmer as I use it to solve problems that I cannot do by hand. I have ideas about monitoring non shit coins for short term buys, notifications, and shorting. If you are a programmer, CS guy, what have you and want to team up and share some code, knowledge, and some of the work e-mail me at this throwaway [email protected].
>>
>>2694063
That's pretty much why I come here. Update the scratch list of Pajeet Pump N' Dumps and doomed coins out of the gate.
>>
>>2695492
Yes.
>>
>>2695271
I love reading these roleplaying posts
This board is a blast

I think the funniest part is that people believe this bullshit
>>
>>2696507

Check it - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.altfolio.rmgsoftware

No role playing here
>>
>>2695943
Smoking weed on the side of the road after getting done with my 12 hours/day 7 days a week labor job, had a crappy Acer Aspire 1 netbook I'd code on while reading through The C programming language and Hacking: The art of exploitation.

>>2695916
Nope. It would just tell you when it's very probable that you can make an X percent profit on what you put in. No guarantees in this business. My bot wins about 88% of its trades though.

>>2696026
My initial idea was that if I could identify that a currency was trending upwards and I bought in soon enough, I could get out before the big dump. I first started just watching the ticker, but that wasn't enough info. Then I started watching the ticker and the order book and the market history, but rate limits fucked with me a lot.

My new bot monitors ALL the currencies, waits for a solid indicator that the price is going to keep going up, buys in, then dumps once the bids are higher than some percentage of entry, OR someone starts dumping. Ex. SLS pumped last night and I got good gains on it.

>>2696037
Both. I'd come up with an idea like riding a PnD wave, implement it, then try to improve it. This often required significant overhauls which I dubbed 'a new bot'

Then another was a sideways trader bot which took advantage of coins that had +/- some percentage swing

Another was a buy-the-dip bot that would hunt out coins that were down significantly from prior days.

All of them had some degree of success, but the profits I was getting were noob-tier.

My new bot just looks for good conditions then randomly decides whether to buy or not, how much to try to sell for, and some other stuff.

My main hangup with the others was dealing with huge dips like we saw over the last few weeks, where every fucking thing is red as fuck. They'd almost always be hodling something during that period. My new bot fucking hates hodling. Its gains are practical.
>>
>>2696539
nice virus
>>
>>2696559

Yep. Virus. Thats it. Malware. Spyware. You name it. Thats what I've spent my precious time doing...

Actually, you don't even need an API/Secret key any more to use the app...

Enjoy.
>>
>>2696568
im confused, is this an auto trader? wtf is this? looks like it's just a portfolio app
>>
>>2693769
i bought a bot for 89 usd
it has literally only lost me money.
>>
>>2695786

What kind of neural nets?
>>
>>2697258
Ita a Blockfolio replacement, that you do not have to manually put trades into
>>
>>2695464
then make a gambling algo that wins >50% of the time
>>
>>2693976
>Also fuck bittrex for not having websockets
you're a noob you don't know what you are talking about. its just not public api, this is obviously too difficult for you stick to manual trading
>>
>>2694042
>https://github.com/cryptobook-app/server
this is like 5 lines of code which doesn't do jack shit
>>
>>2695176
using a DNN for sequence data.. you must be retarded.
>>
>>2698428
Well, according to >>2695786 it seems to work.
>>
>>2693976
Look at SignalR you dumb retards
>>
I made some simple as fuck pump bot. When the pajeets announce their coin, it puts in a buy order and sell order. Hasn't failed me.
>>
>>2698798
It kind of worked, but at the time I was trying nets I only had ~300gb of data from the markets. I was able to pretty reliably, given several emas over bids, asks, lasts, volume, number of buys, number of sells, and a couple of other metrics, train a model that could pretty reliably tell me if the next tick would see a higher, lower, or same last price. It was a pretty good trigger for buys and sells, but not on the order of my new bot.

My net structure was a dense net with linear activation and 3 LSTM layers with linear activation, MSE loss, and adams optimizer.
>>
>>2695271

Does Machine Learning work better than machine learning because of the capital letters?
>>
Oh, BTW I've made a bunch off of LTC since noon today. It's the only coin my bot has gone for all fucking day.
>>
>>2694933
Figure the strategy out on your own.

Start by recording data. You need lots of data. These markets go up and down and sideways for a bit, and at every stop there are opportunities to profit, but the windows are not the same, and the risks are not the same.

The best way to 'backtest' is to run your bot against previously recorded data. If you don't have data, you can't do that. Focus on the data to get started.
>>
Also, just to clarify, /biz/ has changed my life in a positive way. This is why I'm disclosing any of this stuff at all.

Thank you, anon. You've helped me pay some medical bills. Maybe my words can help you pay yours.
>>
>>2700131
/g/ changed my life. /biz/ inspired me to become rich. I hope I can buy a house someday.
>>
>>2693769
Nice I just bought 100k
>>
>>2700154
Hey, if you're tits with ML and big data, I might have a job opportunity for you if you can relocate to Houston, Texas. We pay enough to buy a house. Interested?
>>
>>2700080
What's your opinion on the bots that already exist out there which you can get?
I'd be interested in making my own trading bot since I have some programming knowledge, but I'd hate to spend my time reinventing the wheel when there are already several options available that could potentially make me a bigger profits sooner.
Such as "Zenbot", "Haas", and "Cryptotrader".
>>
i wish i had the skills to build a bot. where would one start? i have zero programming skills
>>
>>2700283
My boss has fucked with cryptotrader but I wanted to do my own thing. He's had some success with it, but even now he hasn't realized 2x gains. I was 10x gains in the first month I was playing with crypto, and my bot is doing better than I am.

I found the challenge of creating a crypto-trading bot to be immensely entertaining and extremely educational. I didn't get into the 'ok, this shit is going to pay off my mortgage' mode until I figured out how to rock a bot with a few bitcoin to fuck with. Now I'm even more interested in my bot than I am with my day job.

I honestly didn't think I'd get this far. I also don't know what the market is gonna be like in the coming weeks/months, but I figure BTC dropping to only 2300 this Friday and reaching a high I haven't seen in a few weeks today as a good sign that we're going to 5k at some point. Not quite ready to quit my job, but it's definitely something I'm considering.
>>
>>2700328
Does your bot run off your own hardware, or on a hosting service?
What rate limits do you hit when gathering data from APIs, and DL you rotate API keys to get around it?
do you stream logs and data to disk?

I've worked ok distributed systems for my day job but been a lazy faggot and never pointed a simple bot at the exchanges and am starting to think that's a better use of my time
>>
>>2700320
You could start learning how to program in the context of crypto currencies if you're interested in that.

Like I said before, start with the data. Get setup on an exchange with an API and start collecting data about the coins you're interested in, then start coding bots that make decisions about what the data is telling them, and figure out how to calculate profits. Run your bots against the data, and see if the returns are good or not. If they're good, try to make them better. If they're bad, try to make them better =)
>>
>>2700350
My bot runs on my own shit for now. I suffered two extended power outages last weekend which cucked me a little bit.

I take advantage of the public APIs by making requests from a bank of proxies. That helps with rate limits a lot. The public APIs don't require keys.

I log every-fucking-thing to disk. Errors, successes, request times, if the API provides a timestamp for the data, I log the update rates, etc.
>>
>>2700396
for your reccurent neural net, did you train 1 net per coin or is it somehow possible to make a generalized net that works on several coins?
>>
>>2700420
I was just focusing on BTC-ETH when working with the nets. I'd theorized about how I might be able to generalize across coins, but that would require, I think, a normalization mechanism of some sort. I didn't have the time to try to figure out how to do that, but it's on my to-do list. My new bot only thinks in percentages. I think the knowledge I've gained while thinking in percentages will be a big help when I revisit neural nets.
>>
>>2700448
so just to make sure, your current great working bot does not use neural nets?

I was thinking of starting out with an SVM approach
>>
>>2695620
how does it make it more lucrative for you to have others using it? like a monthly fee for a license?
>>
>>2700486
No, my current bot mixes observations with random decisions. I didn't think it would work, but it does.
>>
>>2698211
How do we know you don't send the api keys to some place?
>>
>>2700502
? As far as I know I'm the only one using my bot. I'm not entirely sure how or if it would be more profitable to have more people using my bot. I do know that if I run multiple instances of my bot with fractions of the balances a single bot would have, I usually make an additional few percent profit when running against historical data.
>>
>>2700522

I am the dev - I understand your concerns. There is not much i can do that will make you trust me or my app. I understand that.

Not all of us are crooks. Not all of us want to steal/mine/harvest your data or crypto.

Being Bittrex only at the moment, you can set the API to enable/disable certain functions ie withdrawal.
>>
>>2700533
Just curious. All my buddies are in .net stuff, but I can't program worth a shit. I'm just the lackey that can multitask and type super fast. Not worth much but I like reading this kind of stuff.
>>
>>2700533
Is it just a cmd-based thing or did you write a UI for it? Would be cool to see how it works.
>>
>>2696552
Do you store in a DB at any point or do you only work from disk?
>>
>>2700533
software engineer here, I have started some experiments but the task seemed to be a bit too high for a single dev if there is any help needed
>>
>>2700557
Like I said earlier, I used to have a shit job working 7 days a week and would smoke weed and learn to code on the side of the road after work.

If you make a commitment to yourself to learn how to program, and you honor it, you'll be kicking ass in a few years, and dominating shit in 6 or 7 if you continuously push yourself the entire time.

>>2700586
No UI yet. I fucking hate front-end development and usually hire people to take care of that. The architecture I use for my bot is geared toward that, as I want to at some point have control over how ambitious my bot is, and how much lucky it feels, from the comfort of my own phone, but for the moment It's just tail -F bot.log
>>
>>2700632
Every action and every result is recorded to disk, but all the components use redis for message-passing.
>>
>>2700684
So for instance how would you go from I guess pinging the http apis through a lot of proxies and getting json back, to storing this data and re-playing it (for instance to test on historical data), do you use message passing to stream the data?
>>
>>2700703 - do you use message passing to stream the data?

Yes. It's pretty much

with open(path, 'r') as f:
for line in f:
redis.publish(channel, line)
>>
>>2700703

Key = timestamp
Result = API.get
Redis[key] = result

Results = redis.fetch key
ComputedResult = Results.map(someIterator).reduce(someAggregator)

Don't forget to buy high and sell low
>>
NXS is popping off, btw. 0.00045707 is probably gonna hit in the next 30 minutes to an hour.
>>
>>2700752
Nice I just bought 100k
>>
>>2700779

Get that sell order ready quick!
>>
>>2700752
it's already there
>>

Bot decided to call it there. I think it'll go higher, though.
>>
>>2700835
two massive walls opposed, did the bot just see this out of the blue or it was an all day watch?
>>
>>2700843
This bot has been watching all the coins since June 15th at 3:28PM EST. It may end up buying into this one again soon if this up and down shit continues.

>>2700703

This is an example of something I could use help on. The price has gone up another .9% or so from where I sold at, and I think probably it will go even higher, still. Think you got the nuts to pull that one off?
>>
>>2700865

W/r/t your second point, just simulate making a trade based on some period of candle data wing X confidence, see if you made money, and backpropogate the value of X if your trade lost money my dude
>>
>>2700865
I can help yes I'm a software engineer, hit me up [email protected]
>>
>>2700835
49k and the buys keep rolling in. starting to see more people starting to call it and move, though. that's incredible that it can predict that.
>>
>>2700934
Yeah, I don't get ALL the gains, but I get gains =). Pretty fucking happy with my results so far. That shit is dropping like an anchor now. Bot didn't re-buy thank god.
>>
>>2700999
Since I don't have the programming chaps, any way to see charts that have percentage increases over 1/5 minute intervals to make judgment calls? Best I can find is 24h.
>>
>>2701015
Because of expressed interest in something like that, I'm going forward with an idea I had to have a website that presents a live-updating table containing buy prices and sell prices for currencies my bot is buying into.

I don't know if anything like that exists, yet. I think I can have it ready this week. Free to use, donation addresses on the page. It'll exist as long as it doesn't cost me anything to operate.

I think it'd be more useful for the folks in this thread if there was an API as well, that would return the data contained in the table as json.

My bot is updated every 5 seconds. Seems to be a good interval for crypto stuff.
>>
>>2701056
The closest thing I can find is through cryptowatch but it isn't as cut and dried as I had hoped -- better than nothing, though.

I like the idea, but posting ones you're buying into, aren't you concerned that it could deviate on you? More to the point, I'd be more than happy to donate considering the help, too bad the bot isn't for sale lol
>>
>>2700904
'The email account that you tried to reach does not exist'
>>
>>2701075
[email protected] my bad
>>
>>2701068
I dunno how much more deviant things could get than what NXS just pulled, or what SLS pulled last night. If I get fucked, I'll re-evaluate and overcome, probably, or kill the service since it's costing me something =)

I'm not afraid to fuck up.
>>
>>2701098
It's back up and flooring around 50k again - in regards to SaluS - thoughts on that? Price just rocketed and then dropped back down. Kind of hard to gauge super short-term busts like that.
>>
>>2701120
My bot skips the ridiculous things, except for cases such as ETH dropping 1000+%

It'll buy up all of that shit that it can.
>>
>>2701137
Hey I'm very interested in this bot of yours. I'm a software engineer as well, so there may be some way I can help out. I'm a full time employee in one of the big 4 tech companies. Get in touch and I'll send you my resume -- once I get it updated :)
[email protected]
>>
>>2701120
Shit, just bought into NXS again.

0.00052559 is the target.
>>
>>2700999

Hey if you do end up giving out the bot would you let me know, I'd be willing to share profit or pay monthly

[email protected]
>>
>>2701150
lol pajeet haseyad you arent fooling anyone.
>>
>>2701159
yeah I did at 49.5. also got in on decent at 47. Not sure about ENRG, though.
>>
>>2701181
I lost money on ENRG early this morning. My bot labeled it a shitcoin, which means avoid it for a couple of days.
>>
>>2698379
well ofc they use websockets, but they are not publicly accessible like on polo

>>2700101
Do you really need to record tons of data yourself, no good source to get historical data?
I mean polo gives away historical trade data, and bittrex has a 5min ohlc dump
>>
>>2701187
Out at 52k. I figured it may have jumped again. Sitting right around your target numbers, too.
>>
>>2701194
Yeah. I think so. I like to have way too much data as opposed to just enough, or too little. I could operate at 1s resolution if all the APIs supported that, but 5s seems to be the best I can get reliably.

5 minutes is worthless IMO, and OHLC is also worthless, IMO.
>>
>>2701209
My bot exited at 0.00052999 just now.
>>
Could someone point me where to start with neural network stuff? I'm working on a bot right now, but its just hardcoded noob shit based sololy on indicators.
>>
>>2701206
Lol, you work for Google? Surely you know who I am, then.
>>
>>2701214
When you say it labels as a shitcoin, is this due to volume, stagnant or erratic pricing or a combination?

Any thoughts on ADT or Mona?
>>
>>2701206
This doesn't look like a SWE salary in MTV though
>>
>>2701220
heh, so I'm guessing you work there too?
>>
>muh bot is making me 10x gainz
>on the most bullish market in history
fucking retards
>>
>>2701224
If it loses on a trade, whatever it is, is labeled a shitcoin and is avoided for a couple of days. This process dramatically reduces losses.

I just checked my historical runs and ADT and MONA were never purchased. Maybe they move too slowly for my bot to care about. It favors quick profits.
>>
>>2701211
I definitely agree that OHLC is not suited for low timeframes. I should really start collecting data.
What exchanges do you collect / trade on?

Also: Do you collect orderbooks? If yes, how do you store them efficiently?
>>
>>2701233
No, but Google has been pretty interested in what I've been up to. YTD they've spent around 12k on my flights and hotels, and who fucking knows how much on the alcohol they've graciously provided me.

I've been talking to all of the folks I've met there about my crypto-bots though, figured there'd be an internal memo saying blockchain is the future by now, citing me as the source. Maybe not.
>>
>>2701245
Bittrex has the best API out of all the exchanges I've found. I consume all they'll give me. My bot works on polo and bittrex for now.

I do record order books, and I store them as they come. It's a huge amount of data. Market history is also pretty damn big.
>>
>>2701243
Beneficial that it trades on instinct rather than emotion. How does it decide to cut losses? Hedging versus previous drops or volume out?
>>
Holy shit, I just won off of NXS again.

Bought at 0.00053699 and sold at 0.00057606.

Sorry I left you guys out, was getting a beer =/
>>
>>2701285
If the price is 2% or more lower than what I bought it for for more than an hour, I get out of it.

I also get out if it hovers around the price + fees for more than an hour.
>>
>>2701286
Pretty wild. Definitely didn't see a third boom considering it got stagnant. Then again, I drew my attention elsewhere after I dropped it.
>>
>>2701277
So you store a complete snapshot of the orderbook, every x seconds? Yeah I guess that creates huge amounts of data :D
I wanted to track orderbooks on polo, by only listening to they public websocket api. They give the relevant info in a quite condensed way, you only get notifications for changes in the orderbook (+trades), so if you save them one snapshot at the start is enough.
>>
>>2701304
Yeah, I think if I was paying attention I would have smacked my bot and asked it, kindly, wtf were you thinking buying into this obvious bullshit?

Trust the fucking process, is what I'm learning. Go to work, do things, bang the wife, drink beer, TRUST THE PROCESS. Recipe for success.
>>
>>2701310
Yep. Order book, ticker, market history, summaries, open orders, completed orders, all the things.

I would love it if bittrex added callbacks for orders. The crazy shit I have to do to confirm that an order I place went through and was completely filled is fucking nonsense. A simple callback would save them soooo many API calls.
>>
>>2701314
If its not a secret, could you elaborate on the random aspect of your strategy?
>>
>>2701314
Did you go into coins with the thought of doing a bot or just learn along the way? I'm still kicking myself for not taking the advice to get in it back in 2010, and again in 2013.
>>
>>2701343
It's pretty simple.

If the conditions look right for a reasonable person to suspect that the price of some crypto-shit is going to increase, then flip a coin to decide if you are going to buy in. Heads you buy, tails you pass.

If you bought, then you need to figure out what to sell for. These things tend to increase from 0.6% to 20%+ in a period of a few hours. Randomly pick some target within that range, weighted on some other factors.

Then, if the price manages to get there, flip a coin to decide if you're going to sell. Heads you sell, tails you pass.
>>
>>2701346
I got into crypto-trading with the expectation that I was going to lose my $21.

When I turned my $21 into $208 I put in another $100. A while later I had almost a solid bitcoin, but my daytrading efforts were cutting into my productivity at work, which is when I thought maybe I could implement my strategies in a bot and then I could just fuck off and collect a passive income.
>>
>>2701368
>It's 7:20 AM GMT
do I have the right message? (I got several)
>>
>>2701368
Is the selling decision also weighted? Also, does the bot short?
>>
>>2701368
>weighted on some other factors.

Such as?
>>
>>2701331
Even summaries and ticker? Don't you basically have that if you have all the orders?
But I guess it doesn't make a huge difference anymore to save those too, I just wonder how you use them.

...And I should get a VPS with more storage space if I want to start collecting.
>>
>>2701368
>flip a coin to decide if you are going to buy
>flip a coin to decide if you're going to sell
If your underlying strategy is sound then why would only executing it X% of the time do anything except cost you?
>>
>>2701389
btw, when did you start with crypto?
>>
you guys really eat everything up without any kind of proof whatsoever...
>>
>>2701402
Well, it's hard to tell when people are gonna dump. By the time I buy in, it's already pretty risky to be there at all. If I don't buy in, there's nothing to lose.

If I do buy in though, I'm already taking a risk, so when it comes time to sell, I have a chance to take an even-bigger risk for an even-bigger reward. I don't always take that risk, but sometimes I do and get like 10% or more out of it. That's pretty substantial.
>>
>>2701405
Back when XRP was < 10 cents a pop.
>>
>>2701402
Well there's always a risk involved, no matter what you buy. I bit on NXS and made a tidy profit, and got out with GEO just before it went up, lost with ARK. You can understand all the underlying conditions, chart and graph to your heart's desire but in the end, it truly is random.
>>
>>2701399
The orders don't reflect reality. the first bid might be at 0.0012 and the first ask at 0.00135, but the whole time you can look at the market history and see that buys/sells are going through at 0.00128, 129, 131, etc.

The orders do tell you, however, what price you can buy x quantity for, and what price you can sell x quantity for, without delay.

They also alert you to imminent dumping.
>>
>>2701390
Yep. That's the right message.
>>
>>2701452
I meant trades, not orders, my bad. If you have all the trades, you don't really need the ticker / summaries, as you can just recreate them from the orders?

>>2701434
So not so long ago actually? I was around last bubble, but didn't know how to code back then...
>>
>>2701481
Yeah, it was early may I think. I started coding bots, though, mid June.
>>
>>2701443
If his bot is profitable then it makes the right decisions, if he's doing something like "if rand() < .5" before letting it act then he could do "if rand() < .1" or "if rand() < .9" and it would still be profitable. Makes no sense as described.
>>
>>2701506
maybe he's just not the best coder
>>
I think that's probably enough for tonight.

If you think the content I provided was helpful and you want to donate some coins, go for it.

If not, don't.

BTC: 33HYDs1Y7GD3wDS62Uua6wnrL3NVgMkbEk

XRP: rLHzPsX6oXkzU2qL12kHCH8G8cnZv1rBJh

LTC: Lgwpftx6cdR746PSk7GMssL7YwKDtte1H3

ETH:
0xd5105104e1881d911a6a92ce96c64e5e70db497e

DASH:
XfbsnJghGraScbaKLmsBWLP9qRMUmayocx
>>
>>2701545
Sent some your way. Hopefully see you around, thanks.
>>
>>2701545
Any way to keep contact?
[email protected]
>>
>>2701573
:D fucked up the registry
easier: [email protected]
>>
>>2701569
I'm always around. Keep an eye out for the release of the URL that points you to probable gains.

>>2701573
'The email account that you tried to reach does not exist'
>>
>>2701594
Cool. Would like to keep in contact if possible. Don't have much to offer in terms of programming, though. Take care.

[email protected]
>>
>>2701412
Oddly enough, I think that may be part of why things happen from this website. We're all just like ok I'm on board, let's do this thing, whatever it is.
People will look back on this place and tut-tut and shake their heads, like the government watcher software in their brain implants wants them to, and go back to their regularly scheduled programming (pun intended)
Meanwhile the free ones living in sewers and tunnels will gather around the nightly trash fire and tell stories of a magic frog made out of numbers, and the evil witch Meedia who stole children after earthquakes.
>>
>>2701611
Yeah, pretty much. Good words there, anon.
>>
>>2698379
You noob that websocket api is public as fuck
>>
>>2701711
Seems straightforward if you're using node, less so if you're using anything else.
>>
>>2701755
No it's not just look at what node is doing and replicate with language of choice. Bittrex api is dead simple but all these 1337 coders here can't do more than pasting snippets they googled boo fucking hoo
>>
>>2701915
I spent an hour fucking around in Python tonight without getting it working, I'll probably take another stab at it in the next few days.
>>
>>2701922
You deleted your post so you could add "boo fucking hoo" to the end. Top kek, I think I cut myself on that edge.
>>
>>2701755
>>2701973
well, in that case it is still not documented on https://bittrex.com/home/api
but yeah, following the node.js sample application there seems to be a streaming service
>>
File: Aristotle-Quote-2[1].jpg (97KB, 1024x602px) Image search: [Google]
Aristotle-Quote-2[1].jpg
97KB, 1024x602px
>>2701412
>>
>>2693769
My bot made around 30 BTC in the last 3 months. It's funny how nobody believes me except my accountant.

I hate that I wrote it in Python but a stronger language like Scala would be less efficient in terms of development time.

>>2693783
>give the source code you massive nigger faggot
I thought about it for a moment until I noticed that you violently ignore the vocative comma. The death of the vocative comma has been one of the most imminent threats to the English language in the most recent years. Sorry, Anon. Please try to improve yourself. I know you can do better.
>>
>>2702007
Any hints on how it works?
>>
>>2702010
Arbitrage
>>
>>2693769
800€/month now
>>
>>2702012
Oh you're the guy who's 2 nanoseconds faster every trade. Fuck you guy, fuck you
>>
>>2702007
How long did it take to develop said bot, and how long after did it take to realize profits? 30 BTC is a pretty solid amount in such a short period.

Is the bot the one mentioned in the OP or just a personal use one?
>>
>>2702029
Rent servers close to the exchange, ideally in the same data center
10 milliseconds can make a difference
>>
>>2702035
I started developing trading bots in 2014 and did not see any meaningful returns until 2016.
My initial capital this year was about 10 BTC.
So all in all the hourly wage is not that great yet.
>>
>>2702044
How have you done the last 2 weeks or so?
>>
>>2702050
Around 3 BTC in the last 2 weeks
>>
>>2702044
Yeah, same here, started in 2013 with bots, only seeing result this year.

My capital is only 1 BTC though. So i can't really earn more at the moment. Good tip about the data center, thanks
>>
>>2693955
Lol, guess I am dumb... this thread will have some amount of competition.

>>2701545
hmu at [email protected]

>>2702038
Valuable tip.
>>
>>2702063
How much do you make how often?

I'll go in for 10 BTC and give you a % of whatever your bot makes
>>
So at least attempting to make a small bot is something I am interested and capable of doing, but there's one nagging question I have concerning taxes, if anyone cares to answer besides "taxes R theft anon, you dummy".

With a bot like this, when the time comes to cash out, what are the tax implications behind "gifting" your main btc account the bot earning? The bot will arguably make hundreds plus transactions over it's lifetime, each one, at least under US jurisdiction, seen as a taxable event so forking over that history would make any small bots earnings negligible, and even if you did make money you'd be riddled with all those taxes on transaction plus the final capital gains for whatever you take out.

That's the only thing I don't ever see talked about in bot discussions and am curious on others input. Would saying my "friend" gave me xx.xxx BTC exempt you from all prior taxable transactions made by the bot?
>>
>>2702007
>vocative comma guy
You're becoming a recognisable /biz/ character, chum.
>>
>>2702190
I'm going to calculate taxes based on usd<->btc/eth/ltc transactions, if the IRS wants to come after me for trading MOON to DOGE on Nova then so be it.
>>
>>2702255
Right. I figured that is what I would do as well, I am just never sure how deep they'd go to try to tax you, somehow suspecting you dabbled in altcoins to make gains. Unless they start monitoring the block chain history and figure that anon is hiding trade history because of inorganic growth based on historical data. I doubt I'll ever make enough in crytpo to even worry about it anyway, just curious in the approach as everyone seems oblivious to the fact that the gubment will ask for their cut somewhere down the line
>>
>>2700533
plz release. if it relies heavily on a random component, it shouldn't hurt profits right?
>>
wow, this thread has been up for almost an entire day

have any of you guys had luck with modifying bots off cryptotrader?
Thread posts: 254
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.