[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do rich people keep working

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: MhJPW.jpg (34KB, 340x234px) Image search: [Google]
MhJPW.jpg
34KB, 340x234px
If I make $500k (or even $250k) in a year I'm taking 1 off, then I'm going to spend the next year monetizing a hobby.

When I get my inheritance of 2 million I'm quitting that same day. I retire.

But seriously, why do people keep working 60-80 hours at their corporate job? Waste of a fucking life.
>>
>>2692241
Because 2 million isnt 10 million.
>>
>>2692249
10 million isn't enough for a Yacht, Gulfstream & Mansion.
>>
I'd just sink $50k into bitcoin and call it a year.
>>
>>2692241
Some people like their jobs.
>>
>>2692241
normans need to be enslaved to satisfy their brainwashed minds and pay their reptilian overlords
>>
They can't live within their means.

They need to accumulate more and more, it's a huge dick waving contest.
>>
>>2692241
If you're someone who makes sub100k a year I could understand doing that. However I think that most people who make 500k+ annually are probably motivated by a lot more than money.
>>
>>2692297

Muh legacy.
>>
>>2692241
Who are you talking about?
On the one hand people working in sales or service are probably mentally retarded and have nothing better to do.

On the other hand anything you do is a waste of life in some aspect, so you might as well be getting paid for most of it. If your time and effort is not valued by anyone, then you're trash.

2 million retirement? That assumes your annual expenses are around 80k. Good for you but not impressive. You'll quickly get bored either way. You sound like someone who missed out on a childhood AND forgot to learn anything useful, but at least you have daddy's money. Can't say any more than that but it looks pathetic.
>>
because they are idiots

you won't even see them planning parenthood to raise their children themselves, no, they will delegate that too and be working instead

they don't love life, themselves nor their kids

don't try to understand why
>>
File: 1497972882262.jpg (483KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1497972882262.jpg
483KB, 2048x1536px
>>2692241
to get away from wife and try to fill your selfesteem hole left by your parents and or first love that left cuz ur dick was too small and to finally be able to feel good about yourself after being bullied and being a huge loser during childhood.

not joking
>>
>>2692316

The bad optics are not lost on me, my friend. I am OK with the masses thinking I'm trash or a parasite. I grew up loving the bad guys in wwf so in a way I'm simply living out my own Heel centric easy money storyline.
>>
>>2692330
Do you not know how to read? He didn't say anything like that.
>>
>>2692323
>to get away from wife

I know one guy who could quit any day but simply does not and works a super demanding senior managerial job at a pharma company. His wife is some grotesque squah type thing who also happens to be a liberal (he's conservative) and he has a fat genderqueer 22 year old stay at home daughter who doesn't appreciate him and has threatened to kill herself if she's kicked out.....

So he buries himself in work and stays at work late just to stay away from them at times. He loves them for sure but just has to handle the situation as best he can.
>>
>>2692394

thats what you get for having only one child.

why the hell is he not breeding en masse with poor women
>>
File: 1498193736296.png (463KB, 1070x601px) Image search: [Google]
1498193736296.png
463KB, 1070x601px
>>2692323
>first love that left cuz ur dick was too small
DELETE THIS
>>
Problem is that most people without a goal in their daily life will lose several things:
- social interaction
- daily routine
- relation to reality

I am a financial advisor and see this very often, when young people inherit a huge amount of money. Quitting your job, loaf around, telling your friends and collegues about the money and monetizing a hobby is one of the fastest ways to depression you can imagine.

Because e.g. quitting your job makes you lose the need of social interaction outside of your "nice" circle of acquaintances. It might seem strange to hear, but it is important for human beeings to have "the need to deal with people they dont particularly like".

And monetizing your hobby can let you experience how fast a hobby can become the worst activity on earth. I know only of 3 cases where this went okay, all the others regretted it deeply and stopped doing it completely.

A couple of years ago, I had a guy (the average nerd) who opened up a comic book store after his aunt and her mother died and left him with around 2.4 million euro in assets and cash. He hated dealing with normal customers, lost many of his friends and started to hate many of his hobbies (like cosplay, trading card games and so on). Moreover, he connected the store with the death of his aunt (she raised him, so the store even fucking had the same name like her) and was soon depressed by the very thought of going there. He closed down the shop, moved away, started to go to university and is now working in accounting 3 days a week, just because he otherwise most likely would off himself.
Think about it: there are reasons why peoploe who grow up with such wealth are assholes and why people who suddenly get rich end up as wrecks. Wealth can be a heavy burden when it is not earned by yourself and you are not able to deal with it.
>>
I'm not sure if you're asking why rich people keep working in general, or specifically why a rich person who has a corporate job doesn't leave that job and do something else?

Let's assume you're working off a rich person in corporate. They have 4 million dollars in cash and safe investments, a nice house and a nice car they own outright.
The main problem is someone who has made their money in a corporate role has skills which really only apply to corporate environments. They are generally risk adverse people who have got to their position due to knowing how to play the corporate game.

These same people will be afraid of losing a well paying corporate job to take on the risk of a business venture. Why would risk a 500k a year salary when majority of new businesses fail within the first 4 years?

You'll then find most of these people who are on these wages are generally older and have established families. Their priorities revolve mainly around their children and setting them up for their future.

Majority of people who earn 500k+ a year aren't doing 60-80 hour weeks. I've worked in multiple companies and the higher earners are often doing between 20-40 hour weeks.

P.s. Don't try to retire on 2 million. You will live a sub-par existence and will fail to provide for your family in the long run.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.