[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

muh taxes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 5951455.jpg (140KB, 498x498px) Image search: [Google]
5951455.jpg
140KB, 498x498px
let's say i have a big amount of money in crypto and i want to cash out. how would i avoid or minimize paying tax?
from legal perspective, could the IRS do anything if i just bought a house with crypto money and avoid telling them where i got the money from?
i'm specially interested about eu, but we can also discuss burgerland's handling of taxation.
>>
I'm from the Netherlands, so I can't say how the situation is in the USA.

Firstly I would recommend just paying your taxes. That's probably your safest bet if you want to minimize your problems.

My guess is that the USA taxes the coins when you sell them, so you might be able to delay your taxes by holding your coins. If you move to another country the USA might ask you to value your coins at market value and pay your taxes over them. But I am not certain if such a law exists in the USA. But i assume it does.

Here in the Netherlands trading your cryptos are not taxed. Making a profit is not taxed either. But your cryptos are considered part of your savings, which are taxed. The amount you pay is a fictional amount. The Dutch government assumed you make 1,63% (if you own a couple thousand) to 5,39% (if you own millions) profit over your savings every year. The tax rate is 30%. So if the government assumed you made a fictional 4% profit you effectively pay 1,2% taxes. So, if you own 500.000 euros in cryptos you might pay 6000 euros in taxes.

If the government is not aware of your coins you move to a different country. And then somehow gain those coins in that country. And then pay your taxes in your new home country.
>>
>>2685625
If there is no law that you have to pay over existing coins if you move out of the country, then you can just move here and buy a house here without any problems.
>>
I made my coins posting on bitcointalk in 2012 when you could make BTC easily (not anymore)

I used this BTC in the altcoin market and made even more gains

I also mined dogecoin and converted for 2 BTC

So the government has 0 idea that I own 21 BTC

Given that I will be rich in 10 years, and given that im free to put my 21 BTC in an USB and go anywhere in the world I want...

How do I buy a nice house without going to jail?

My fear is that when I cash out, the freeze my money in the bank because "reasons".

How do I prove I made the coins that way? Do I need to show them my bitcointalk accounts etc? That's awkward.

Also the exchanges where I traded altcoins at (Cryptsy, Mintpal etc) are dead anyway.
>>
>>2685625
I need to move to the Netherlands desu
>>
Move to mudslime country like Kuwait, Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Qatar with no income taxes cash out your bitcoins there when you are a citizen. Have some fun then come back to your home country couple months before the fiscal year ends. Put all your money in real estate. Rent out apartments and you have passive income for life. With minimal taxes
>>
>>2685710

just wait until you can buy your house with bitcoin
>>
>>2685737
more info on details of a strategy like this?
baump
>>
>>2685759
Its's sometimes hard to get citizenship in this country especially if you don't have a degree related to the main industry there or family over there which is highly unlikely when you are white. But if you get there you can cash out your bitcoin and they will not tax you. Because oil mudslimes also don't like tax and they write the law over there. If you immigrate back to your country you will have to quickly buy real estate because on savings is much higher than real estate tax. The hard part is also when you try to immigrate the customs at the airport might check for anything related to bitcoins like search your laptop or hardware wallet. But if all plans out you might have succeeded in screwing your government for once instead of the other way around. I also found out that Hongkong has no income taxes so if you don't like mudslimes you can go there
>>
Hope bitcoin will become a regular payment system. Start carwash centrum. Let your wife run it and let her cook the books. Put like 1k usd of bitcoin of your now about a million worth of bitcoin cash into your car wash through small amounts of 50 premium car washes of 20 usd.
>>
>>2685953
smells like breaking bad
the future of btc laundering
>>
>>2685741
You can't hide that you own a house from the government. Even if I could buy the house with bitcoin, they will find out sooner or later, then they would ask where the bitcoins came from. I did nothing illegal to get my bitcoins, my worry is that im not able to demonstrate it.

What would they ask for, specifically, to know it's not drug money?

>>2685839
Yeah and when you are a former NEET living in your mom's basement that suddendly has enough money to buy a nice house with a pool the government isn't going to ask where you got the money from right?

You can't hide that you own a house from the government. What's the point?
>>
>>2685992
im this guy btw:
>>2685710
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.