[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do people do it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: DSC_0198.jpg (1MB, 2873x2390px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0198.jpg
1MB, 2873x2390px
How is it done /biz/? I've been trying to figure it out for years now, how do people find the money to open a business for themselves. I've been running a portion of my business OUT OF another business for years now, and i want to just open my own. What do you do? Ive been laughed out of banks for loans. The SBA doesnt do a god damn thing, i come from a broke family. I have $10,000 worth of inventory and about $15,000 worth of moneys to work with, but how do i ACTUALLY get that remaining money required to get going?
>>
Depends on the business you're in

Being in the service industry, I slowly clawed my way up, reinvesting all profit back into the business
>>
>>2684489
google dan pena
>>
>>2684513
I work in a Tattoo shop, they are EVERYWHERE, but around me there is only 2, I have NO DOUBT IN MY MIND, that I would be more successful than they are. the whole problem is not having enough money to actually get doors open. I need to find about $50,000 to get the shop open successfully where i have no doubts in my mind. Even if i wanted to SCRAPE by, i would need to find a way to get $20,000 and if anything thats just the security of being able to pay rent for a year. I have no problem working 7 days a week, i already work a second job so i can pay my rent on top of reinvesting in myself. I just need that buffer.
>>
>>2684526
Hard work
Work with what you have and make a name for yourself. A garage, spare bedroom, whatever space you have. Bust your ass and word of mouth will get you more work, especially if you're good at what you do.

Networking
Ask around, friends, friends of friends, even customers. especially small business owners - maybe they have a room you can use for your startup or rent a small space on the cheap. Get yourself some business cards to pass out (I use 123print for ours)

Obviously generic and cliché advice but that's how I did it. I started with $200 and a spare table in my basement as my office, turned it into one of the biggest companies in my industry. It can be done if you're dedicated enough
>>
>>2684600
>>2684600
thats not as easy in my industry, I pride myself on being as clean and high quality as possible. im not a tattoo artist im a body piercer, What I do, to do it successfully, requires a VERY specific amount of Asepsis. Its unfortunately not something im able to do out of my home, its also not something i can do out of someone else's hole in the wall shop. its a pain in the ass, i know everything it takes to run this business successfully other than, HOW DO I OPEN MY OWN. Ive been more or less laughed out of banks. but its something i believe in. Id give someone 20% of my money for the rest of my life if theyd believe in me enough to give me the small amount of money im asking for.
>>
>>2684617
>its a pain in the ass
And that's why most people work for someone else

>laughed out of banks
I never tried but I probably would have been too. Besides, taking out a loan to start a small business is stupid imo. I've always been a firm believer in a business paying for itself with whatever the initial investment is.

To open your own shop it seems to me you only have two options: Reinvesting profits into the business or an outside investor/partnership

You're going to have to make one of those two work. Either through dealing with hole in the wall conditions or finding someone to go into business with. Which brings me back to what I already said; hard work and networking. There's no other way.
>>
>>2684705
>Reinvesting profits into the business or an outside investor/partnership

Thats been my main goal. I have contstantly put my money back into my own business. However thats the roadblock im in at the moment. I have inventory but no capital. I have been looking for an investor or a partner, ive tried Angel networks, crowd funding and recently ive even been posting into Venture Capitalist forums. I dont care what it takes to get this money. Id knock on 10,000 doors if thats what it took. but i just want someone to believe in me.
>>
>>2684740
That's the roadblock most people come to when trying to do their own thing. You either make it happen or you work for someone else that made it happen. Which is essentially the difference between someone with a business mindset and an employee.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.