[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saving 1/3 of Your Income?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: part-and-fraction-1-3.png (145KB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
part-and-fraction-1-3.png
145KB, 2400x2400px
When people say to do this...do they mean pre-tax income, or after taxes have been taken out?
>>
>>2678646

>do they mean pre-tax income, or after taxes have been taken out?

That doesn't make sense. It means you put away a third of the money you receive.
>>
>>2678656

You're retarded.

It means pre-tax since you can do 401k/IRAs/HSAs for pre-tax dollars.
>>
>>2678656
Well, let's say you get paid as a 1099 and taxes aren't withdrawn until the end of the year (or quarterly)?

Got paid $1000 this month - do you save 1/3 of that, or do you factor in your tax rate (30%), then save 1/3 of $700?
>>
>>2678673
>everyone is american
>>
>>2678673

>muh murica

In general, when you hear "save 1/3 of your income" it means your take home pay, weekly
>>
>>2678677

Save 1/3 of the $700.
>>
>>2678646
Bulgarian here, I save 70% of my salary (not including crypto income).

When I say that I mean post-tax. But I don't get shit for my tax $ so I just count it as stolen...
>>
>>2678673
SHART IN MART
>>
>>2678677
If you are saving pre-tax, you save 1/3 of that.

If you are saving post-tax (ROTH), you save 1/3 of the after tax rate.
>>
>>2678646
what are you saving for?
>>
>>2678872

That's not true at all.

It's 1/3 of your hourly or salary earnings. This is often quoted pre-tax

I work in finance and do this for a living. Just because you read a few articles online does not make you can expert.
>>
>>2679861
In the first world we're able to look forward to tomorrow.
>>
>>2678646
it varies. don't settle for 1/3 though, shoot for 2/3.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.