[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>first day of philosophy class >teacher makes us do exercise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

>first day of philosophy class
>teacher makes us do exercise
>one thing we like and something we may have in common with class
>m-my name is anon. I like riding my bike. Raise your hand if you're an accounting major.
>class bursts out with laughter
>no one raised their hand
Is accounting still a respectable career, or do I need to get with the times and study liberal arts?
>>
>>2671155
they were laughing at the way you talk
>>
>>2671155
My pops has been an accountant for 30+ years and has always made a good living. No matter how good software gets companies will need people to explain legalities and law changes and to operate the software. No sensible corporation will allow a fully self-automated accounting system to be solely responsible for their finances.
>>
Accounting + CPA license + 5 years of public accounting experience pretty much guarantees you will retire comfortablly. If you add a law degree on top of that (mostly for tax folks), you can write your own ticket.

This degree has such a wide range of avenues to go down. I lel every time when /biz/ says ACCOUNTANTS WILL ALL BE AUTOMATED. A public accountant has so many skills that seperate him from the general hiring pool that it is embarrassing.
>>
sorry OP, but are you isolated from the world? accountants are widely considered to be the most boring, bland, soulless people on the planet. it's an excruciatingly dull career choice. they were probably all laughing at the 'dad joke'-tier accounting memes they've heard over the years

you may retire with security, but you'll live boringly

enjoy
>>
>>2671352
you make no sense.
>>
>>2671352
I might be an isolated incident. My dad is an accountant and raised me with strong financial sense and the importance of being financially literate.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.