[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bitcoin tech thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1498721600551.jpg (600KB, 662x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1498721600551.jpg
600KB, 662x1000px
Need help understanding some things about bitcoin

- what specific purpose do nodes serve? They are used to help secure the network, but how do they do so?

- Are all miners nodes?

- Why don't they limit the amount of work one miner can do, wouldn't this help take away the power of the chinese miners?

- if bitcoin is open source, does this mean anybody can be a core developer? Who determines who is the lead dev? Who gets to make changes to the code?
>>
>>2665937
Also interested in the last question
>>
>>2665941
>>2665937
its probably like any other big open source project, theres a organisation or something behind it with the core dev, like the linux foundation, code changes can depending on their policy be done by anyone by making a merge request/commit into their official git, which will get reviewed and if proven good merged into the codebase
>>
>>2666061
Well is there any info on these people?
>>
>>2666080
maybe try googling yourself? theres a official bitcoin.org page about it
>>
Miners don't have power, they help secure the network and get payed for their work.
>>
bitcoin licks ass... doge kicks ass
>>
https://www.google.hu/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwjtvfmrouXUAhUEwBQKHbxrBlEQFgghMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2Fa%2Fieee.org%2Fuc%3Fid%3D0Byw4AEomZK2edlQwel95S1J0VTg%26export%3Ddownload&usg=AFQjCNHfjSAx7d59S3UDVHjxBQcl3OmkWw
>>
>>2666157
They do have power because they have the majority of the voting power. Have you not been keeping up with the scaling issues?
>>
>>2665937
why is 4chan so full of people who want to be spoonfed?

fuuuuuuuuuck you
>>
>>2666080
>>2666096
where am I
>>
>>2666313
Spoonfed? I've been reading nonstop about blockchain, bitcoin, and various projects for a long time. I've failed to come across answers for my questions and asked them in a message board built for (you guessed it) discussion.

Quite frankly I'm beginning to suspect the vast majority of you know nothing about blockchain or any if the projects you invest in. You get rich quick morons will get burned and panic will ensue because you have no fundamental basis to reinforce your investment decisions besides "to the moon". I'll gladly take all of your money and post on a better platform.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.