[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why even bother with shitcoins?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

File: opengraph[1].png (14KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
opengraph[1].png
14KB, 500x500px
guys lets face it, bitcoin is and always will be king.

this shit is as close to a sure thing as it gets in regards to cryptos. this is gonna moon to 50-100k easy over the next cpl of years

meanwhile what else is there?

I hold a bunch of meme coins like xrp, eth, bay, sc

but all of them are a huge gamble
meanwhile bitcoin is pretty much guaranteed profit

now of course some larping faggots are gonna come in here and brag about their sigg gains because they tripled their lunch money on some shitcoin

but if youre a distinguished gentleman who actually has a job, why would you even bother with this shit?

im hodling my shitcoin positions but gonna focus most of my money on stacking more bitcoin at this point.

shitcoines are literally worthless gimmicks, running on nothing but hot air and memes

choose wisely, day of the reckoning might come sooner than you think
>>
If you are only holding bitcoin then you are missing out on gains. Simple as that.

Best portfolio has bitcoin and alts.
>>
It's true. Very easy to spot a new fag cuz they think BTC will ever not be king. I only buy non-BTC coins to later convert to BTC after they moon.
>>
>>2662203
I trade shitcoin to get more bitcoin.
>>
>>2662257

people keep saying that
but if I had put all my money in bitcoin I would have 10 grand more in my pockets right now

not even to mention that these shitcoins can implode any day
but bitcoin is FOREVER
>>
>>2662259
>>2662257
This is what we all should be doing.
>>
>>2662203
I agree with you OP, shitcoins to stack bitcoins, I thought that's what most people on this board were doing aside from the retards still clinging to the scamcoin XBY
>>
>>2662203
long term, there will always be a spot for btc. there are other cryptocurrencies that fill a niche btc can't though, like true anon (inb4 side chain shenanigans)

there's also cryptoassets that can make good use of the block ledger system to really shake some shit up (and no, it isn't ETH)

just be aware, btc is def the king AND he can have a court
>>
>>2662203
fuck i dont know, just want to get more to be able to retire, are 20 bitcoin enough?

I wanna start early though, so each coin extra would be great to have, if bitcoin hits 10k and i got 2 extra i got 1 year of no work
>>
Can someone explain to me (a crypto noob) how Bitcoin is legit and why it is not just a bubble ready to pop at any moment?
>>
>>2662203
It's called diversifying you retard
>>
>>2662278
I don't know how the fuck you have managed that, but unless you are a pretty newfag you would be in the minority
>>
File: Screenshot_20170629-195007.png (288KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170629-195007.png
288KB, 1440x2560px
Started pretty recently, gonna be adding 100USD of bitcoin a month

Hopefully I make it bros
>>
>>2662360
too many people in it, they wil use swarm intelligence to find a solution.
>>
BTC is an obvious hold. XRP is the only other crypto I can sleep at night knowing it's going to be alright in the long run.
>>
>>2662203
>why bother with any stocks other than apple, it is currently the highest
>>
>>2662385
Not comparable
>>
>>2662385

>cryptos are like stocks
>all cryptos are the same - only difference is market cap
>only thing that differentiates btc is that it has the highest valuation

yeah you dont get it at all
>>
I don't understand the problem OP, why bother with shitcoins and the answer is to accumulate more BTC or just balance out the portfolio with some more risk
>>
>>2662450

fair enough my man
I do think a lot of anons are getting carried away chasing these moon missions though

this whole thing with useless shitcoins and hundrred million dollar ICOs seems a bit overheated to me right now

Id prefer steady, guaranteed gains
>>
File: 1477859161570.png (125KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1477859161570.png
125KB, 512x512px
WHY ETH KEEP CRASHING
>>
>>2662379
XRP is a literal scamfest
back in the days it was introduced, they started giving away $500 worth of ripple to random, frequent posters on on r/bitcoin, so people would shill for them
they did.
then some of them tried to sell what they got, the sole place you could sell ripple at was their own exchange at the time.
whenever someone put out their ripple for BTC, a mysterious bot placed a slightly lower offer
whenever they retracted their offer, the bot retracted also

so nobody could actually sell their ripple on their exchange, they just artifically kept its price as high as they wanted

that's how they started, then got lucky by deceiving a few rich dumbasses, but ripple is still a scam and has absolutely no long-term potential

the only coin worth shit beside BTC is ETH

e.g. ETH has resolved the block size issue without any intervention, just today, and didn't need 5 years for it like BTC (and who knows if BTC will actually resolve that or not)

>>2661702

also ETH has like twice the volume of BTC right now (in addition to soon having twice the traffic)
>>2660985
>>
>>2662472
because people are taking massive amount of ETH loans to try deceive people into believing it's not skyrocketing yet lel
it'll skyrocket by tomorrow, people took tens of thousands of ETH loans over 0.18% daily interest (that's like over 100% when projected to annual lol) they'll have to pay it back soon with insane interest, swallow their losses (or just lose all the funds on their accounts and make the exchange force to close their positions and liquadate everthing if they're dumb enough and keep on for long)
either way, ETH is doomed for mid-term mooning
>>
I'm thinking along the lines of OP. Most altcoins are shit. Cryptos are only useful as stores of value, or speculation, like gold or silver and for peer-to-peer transactions, like cash money in your pocket. You don't need 400 different coins for investors to accomplish this.

That said, I think there is room for maybe half a dozen coins that are worth putting money into if you have an actual job. The big ones will be where the hedge funds and normies will put money because they're already mined out and some fags in some bunker in Iceland won't devalue their investment. So if bitcoin is gold, some others will be pallidum, silver, ect. Serve the same purpose but like how speculators fuck up gold prices, they could do the same to bitcoin.
>>
>>2662472
It's a shit coin in disguise. Anyone with any kind of formal education in CS knows this.
>>
>>2662469
Anons are completely fucking carried away, there is an absurd lack of research and most of it is chasing shilled pumps that end up burning the impatient greedy faggots.

Obviously a lot of alts arn't going to make it, but if BTC makes it I would think there'd be some that get through, BTC still has gaps in it's armour and is not 100% safe itself, there's grounds to consider ETH a threat, all we can really do is imagine, take a guess and maintain a considered balance.

My method is only really picking coins I think can make it, so I take a profit back to BTC and let some ride, rare occasions I'll pick something that seems like it could be pumped, in which case I just take the lot back in BTC. This has been working for me, but I've been in during a long period where it's been near impossible to lose. it looks like that is starting to come to an end though so great attention is required.

>>2662479
I don't have a huge problem with XRP, most of the arguments against are either inaccurate or irrelevant. I don't think it needs to be hodled right as this moment as if it does go anywhere it won't be for a while, long term I consider it a better chance than most shitcoins.
>>
>>2662536
>Cryptos are only useful as stores of value
This is short sighted
>>
the way I see it shitcoins are like startups, new "companies" that revolve around the blockchain tech, and by buying their coins you are funding them and investing in their team and idea

problem with shitcoins is that they are based in the next big internet thing, so obviously every geek out there is trying to find a niche/market place and exploit it, that's why we see them growing like weeds

I think they hold value, but that value and therefore success is directly proportional to the team devotion/capabilities, purpose and mostly mass adoption potential
>>
File: 1376729190309.jpg (103KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
1376729190309.jpg
103KB, 384x313px
because shitcoins can give better short term gains?

not everyone is a hodler with hands carved out of the rock of a neutron star like you, op.
>>
>>2662698

except when you invest in a startup you actually have a stake in the company and will get your cut when they are successful

there is NONE of that in any of these shitcoins. youre literally taking on all the risk and they have zero obligation to ever reward you for it

lets take siacoin for example. I have no doubt this company could be a huge success. does that mean siacoin will go to the moon? fuck no

at any given point they could just say "well thx for all the money you faggots, but were only accepting USD/BTC now" and theres nothing you can do about it
>>
>>2662203
> I hold a bunch of meme coins like xrp, eth, bay, sc

You're not supposed to HOLD shitcoins, you day-trade them to get more Bitcoins.
>>
>>2662203
you use shitcoins to max out your bitcoins

only some shitcoins have a future, like XRP, ETH, golem, along with some others but it's not really hard to weed out the potential failures
>>
>>2662741
>at any given point they could just say "well thx for all the money you faggots, but were only accepting USD/BTC now" and theres nothing you can do about it

um... how would that work
>>
Do you ever attempt to maneuver with your BTC stockpile? People are saying they're going to pull out before August 1st to put it pack into the dip, but what if everyone does that? Moon mission?
>>
>>2662741
>at any given point they could just say "well thx for all the money you faggots, but were only accepting USD/BTC now"

sounds like a great way to crash your company into the ground by reducing your reliability to 0

I don't think devs and their team are the problem here, if they are serious about their product and deliver there's close to 0 chance that their next move would be fucking over their investors

siacoin won't moon any time soon because it's a coin with a huge market cap, you just sound like you're tired of holding bags tb.h
>>
>>2662904
circulating supply* sorry, fucked up brain by all this terminology
>>
File: BTCfuture.png (2MB, 1297x5111px) Image search: [Google]
BTCfuture.png
2MB, 1297x5111px
>>2662358
Get 21

There will be 21 million coins ever created.
If you hold 21, you are in a group of 1 million people.
Considering all the lost BTCs, less than 21 (but 21 is cool to hold).
There are 7.5 billion people on earth.

There will NEVER be enough BTC for all fiat millionaires in existence today to own ONE.

There will NEVER be enough BTC for all CORPORATIONS in existence today to own ONE.

Do the fucking math.

Anyone that has been browsing this board for more than a year and isn't part of the 1-million-club deserves a bullet to the brain.
>>
File: buy ethereum.png (148KB, 312x380px) Image search: [Google]
buy ethereum.png
148KB, 312x380px
>>2662479
>e.g. ETH has resolved the block size issue without any intervention, just today, and didn't need 5 years for it like BTC (and who knows if BTC will actually resolve that or not)

>semi centralized scamcoin takes quick decision because it's not decentralized
>this is good
>implying casper and sharding aren't a scam anyway

Are you fucking serious of this retarded?
>>
File: HODL.png (1MB, 1017x683px) Image search: [Google]
HODL.png
1MB, 1017x683px
>>2662203
Don't bother with shitcoins.
Put everything into BTC and 4CHN.
>>
>>2662727

its lonely at the top anon
>>
>>2662374
Same here man, you'll be retiring early by doing that I am sure of it.
>>
>>2662203
>this is gonna moon to 50-100k easy over the next cpl of years
No it isnt.
>>
>>2662257
Shill, samefag. But I do agree.
>>
Bitcoin is so fuck slow though
>>
>2017
>not knowing bancor will become number 1 coin
>>
>>2663156
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170629006436/en/Ripple’s-Blockchain-Solution-Powers-Instant-Remittances-SBI

This just happened- Ripple is way faster and built for payments.
>>
>>2662616
Almost all crypto since 2013 is essentially the same thing with specific features for that coin. All it's done is gathered the established crypto community into certain coins because of the features. Very few are actually promoting for wide spread adoption. Many claim "they will at a later date".. until actual advertising starts for any coin outside growth is limited to news articles (which uses fear tactics most of time to avoid crypto) and word of mouth of crypto users. Features of any coin has proven not to pull in the userbase many expected it would. We have been steadily growing for awhile now, but hundreds of thousands have yet to flock in in a short time frame. This recent boost of outsiders was nice and helped most alts.
>>
>>2662360

Cryptocurrency isn't just about a new form of money. It's a new form of technology that'll help automate transactions and contracts. Big banks and others huge businesses will save billions of dollars by switching over to blockchain technology. If they don't their competition will, crypto technology isn't just going to go away, unless some other game-changing technology suddenly appears on the scene.

I don't really believe in bitcoin though, I have a hunch it'll go the way of myspace. I'm all about Ether and Litecoin. But switiching between coins is relatively easy, if one is not mooning, then another is. Blockchain technology is here to stay.
>>
HELP!HELP!!HELP!!!
Please help my friend.
It is helpless by I one power. Yes, please.
By some each one are all right. Please send a bit coin.
1LgoZUfjg9ppF1f4r8s3MvLkMfHFao3P76
>>
>>2663493
静かにしなさい
>>
>>2663613
すみません。こんなところで申し訳ないです。
>>
>>2663121
Why not?
>>
Have a bump op

Bitcoin is the only crypto worth owning.
>>
I can tell you chancoin is worthless. Send yours here for prompt disposal...
CNeZe3ApaDmgWiZnybx2iJGFnEzPqyu8gM
>>
>>2663311
>I don't really believe in bitcoin though, I have a hunch it'll go the way of myspace. I'm all about Ether and Litecoin
Care to elaborate?
>>
Shitcoins are good in a bull market. In a bear market not so much. Will be fun.
>>
>>2663081
Cool, I can get rich in 30 years.

You're like a dude using punch card computers imagining the ubiquity of modern computing.
Sure it is a likely future, but the time scale is wrong for me. I want to be rich and 30, not rich and 60
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.