[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here interested in buying Tulip Bulbs? They are worth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Tulipomania[1].gif (4KB, 255x298px) Image search: [Google]
Tulipomania[1].gif
4KB, 255x298px
Anyone here interested in buying Tulip Bulbs? They are worth about 10 annual salaries right now!
>>
>being a nocoiner
>>
nice analogy, OP, i've never heard that one before. next please tell us about the .com bubble and pets.com. and shorting horses instead of investing in cars

yes you are very insightful
>>
i already own ETH
>>
>not understanding the new paradigm
>>
Futures markets appeared in the Dutch Republic during the 17th century. Among the most notable centered on the tulip market, at the height of Tulipmania.[3][4] At the peak of tulip mania, in March 1637, some single tulip bulbs sold for more than 10 times the annual income of a skilled craftsworker. It is generally considered the first recorded speculative bubble (or economic bubble),

I know /biz/ doesn't have a flag system but I say this because my family got personally involved within the Tulip Bulb trade and burned their hands. Since then my family has ensured to never invest into a bubble ever again.

cryptocurrency is the most insane bubble I've seen in my near 40 years of life.

dotcom and beanie babies don't even compare
>>
tulips = shitcoins
>>
Was the guilder being hyperinflated at that time?
>>
>>2656441
Guilders were exchangeable for gold/silver back then. So yes while there was effective inflation it was being kept low due to it being backed by resources.
>>
>>2656384
>dotcom and beanie babies don't even compare

Yeah dotcom marketcap in the stock market was about 140x the current crypto ATH cap worldwide.
>>
>>2656307
Cryptocurrencies have actual uses though, tulips dont
>>
File: d5c.jpg (68KB, 600x737px) Image search: [Google]
d5c.jpg
68KB, 600x737px
>>2656336
You'll be back, goyim. You'll be back.
>>
>>2656307

Feel free to buy some gold, grandpa.
>>
>>2656477
Its not about the market cap,its the amount.
Think of it this way
10 /pol/ tards invest their life savings vs
1000 normies invest their monthly pay
>>
crypto is fun because it's simultaneously worthless and incredibly expensive
just think of all the billions of people who have yet to come in touch with it. then think of all the people currently holding coins instead of using them. The two forces hang in limbo, and whichever budges first will determine if this currency has a future.
>>
I'd wager that even today tulip bulbs are holding their value better than fiat.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.