[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ark Delegate General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

File: sharepool.png (8KB, 282x252px) Image search: [Google]
sharepool.png
8KB, 282x252px
Whats up biz. Let's have a nice comfy Ark Delegate thread.

All delegate’s welcome. All topics welcome. No shilling here.

Today’s Main Topic: Automation versus Manual payout.

I’m helping out a delegate at the moment that is one of the very few that rely on full manual control. So that means no payout automation mishaps. The way I see it, we all make mistakes, and we have to keep that in mind when it comes to automation because ultimately, a human writes the code. When computers "make mistakes", the resulting chaos is often exacerbated by the computers lack of recognizing what it's just executed as a mistake, because it doesn't see it as a mistake, it just sees it as commands and it is doing it's job of executing what it was given.

Rather than blaming a computer or piece of code, I'd rather acknowledge human error, and minimize risk of that happening by initiating the payout process manually, so there is someone sat there, carefully looking over the pool details and the code about to be executed, and physically pressing a button to ensure the correct operation takes place and you get the payout you were promised.

Back in the old days, manual control was king. When pen and paper ruled the world, bugs, errors and the age old excuse of “it’s a computer error” didn’t exist. People were held directly responsible and I think we have offset risk and blame with the advent of not only computers but whole digital systems, look how much blame world governments fob off on software.

So what do you think? Do you trust a computer to pay you out or do you trust a human to be there and press a button? I think it’s interesting to think about.
>>
>trusting manual payouts again after what happened last time

Lol
>>
>2654356 no u 4 u
You probably shouldn't associate with liars.sage fuck off too many ark threads
post your garbage somehwere else
>>
File: Blockfolio.png (46KB, 592x450px) Image search: [Google]
Blockfolio.png
46KB, 592x450px
>>2654376
I live and breath ark now. All those kim possible memes are keeping me warm on those cold winter nights.

Check my wallet
>>
>>2654356
Magnet we're gonna find you. You are making it worse every time you post.
>>
File: fagneto.jpg (630KB, 1800x1199px) Image search: [Google]
fagneto.jpg
630KB, 1800x1199px
>>2654418
Magnet? Man that faggot is long gone.

Nigga, Im the cazador. Ask me my trip next time you see me in the biz or ark discords.

I made this.
>>
>>2654356
>manual payouts
How about you quit being a selfish faggot that's trying to dilute the /biz/ voting pool just because you want to be in charge of a node?
>>
>>2654410
>live and breathe ark
>has 20 ark
Who the fuck put this guy in charge of anything?
>>
File: vivec.png (21KB, 531x146px) Image search: [Google]
vivec.png
21KB, 531x146px
By the way, in an attempt to meet the standards of the people running the biz_classic node having their info public, Vivec said that the name he used was attached to projects he'd done. Only problem is that Vivec is also the name of a god in TES. This is all I could find related to coding projects of someone using this name. So either Vivec isn't as good at coding as he claims to be (according to the picture), or he was dishonest about being a semi-public figure. Either way, he falls flat when it comes to credibility
>>
File: supernatural powers.png (8KB, 376x181px) Image search: [Google]
supernatural powers.png
8KB, 376x181px
>>2654735
>>2654741
>>2654771
Vivec made vivbot, its a pretty cool twitch bot, just look it up.

Anyway, I dont run the node man. Jesus christ. Im just like graphic design and marketing. This aint about that anyway. Im not interested in shilling that shit. There is enough ark for any pool anyone wants to start up.

Talking about diluting, this ain't cordial. This is the delegate general. We can talk about all sorts of shit.
>>
>>2654810
Oops forgot trip
>>
>>2654771
kek, OP's pic is for that 3rd node right? I bet the only reason they're pushing for manual payouts is because they can't code an automated script
>>
>>2654810
What he said about not being able to find anything about Vivec is true, though. I just tried and I can't really find anything connected to the guy since his name is just the name of a skyrim thing. It's pretty sketchy that he claimed to be a public figure when he really isn't
>>
If an animal attacks you, it would be reasonable to hurt it in self defense.
>>
>>2654829
I never googled him myself. I suppose using the name or having the same name that's attached to a morrowind character don't do favors for his SEO.
>>
>>2654838
I can't find anything on him. I found that forum post but I don't know if it's the same guy. Really turned off from voting for him now. He's basically another anonymous magnet. At least the bid_classic guy is actually a public figure
>>
File: ark.io.png (832KB, 800x557px) Image search: [Google]
ark.io.png
832KB, 800x557px
>>2654832
I agree. Thats the way of the world, natural selection and all. But people forget that we are animals too. We're just an advanced ape, nothing special.
>>
>>2654854
Honestly, if you can't find any personal info from email and skype that both have my real name then you haven't looked very hard.

I am not going to plaster my personal info all over the place just to appease some people who think I will care enough to run off with ~$1500 when I will benefit much more from running a node in the long term. Besides, what the hell could you do if I did? Pay $1000 for a plane ticket to Canada so you can come and punch me in the face? Be real.

And despite how much of an irresponsible and incompetent idiot magnet was, there is no reason to believe that what he did was an exit scam. Again, it's more lucrative to run a node long term. Exit scams for delegates make no sense.

I am more than capable of writing an automation script, it's not a complex task, and I will probably make one in the future. However, it will be because it's more convenient not because it's an enhancement to reliability. If I had to run a script every week in order to safe my life, you can be damn sure I will do it manually instead of trusting an automated script, no matter how well tested it was. I stand by the argument that manual execution is more reliable than automated execution, even though the difference when comparing to a well tested script is fairly marginal.
>>
File: kike.png (103KB, 737x519px) Image search: [Google]
kike.png
103KB, 737x519px
remember to vote biz_classic instead of this incompetent greedy jew who can't code, bitched about a 1% fee given to the arky script creator, and is literally magnet 2.0 who is only capable of doing manual payouts and started his shitpool to fragment an already divided /biz/ userbase because he's a vapid greedy fuck who is only out to put money in his own pocket.

biz_classic is leaving this shitpool in the fucking dust. get with the program.
>>
File: LOL.png (302KB, 988x1844px) Image search: [Google]
LOL.png
302KB, 988x1844px
pants on head retarded.

cazador is another street shitter who defected to vivec's shitpool in a desperate attempt to kike himself into power.

remember to vote biz_classic instead of pajeetpool.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.