[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy shit, daytrading is boring as fuck. I tried doing it but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

Holy shit, daytrading is boring as fuck.

I tried doing it but looking at charts and numbers all day is just not the lifestyle for me. Now I see another reason why /biz/ says don't do it.
>>
yes it boring as fuck
but you can code something that will help you to watch markets and alert you
>>
>>2652552
youve never mooned before I see.
Youve never felt the rush
>>
>>2652590
Yeah maybe I'd have different feelings if I had more success.

It's always the same deal when I try to day trade. Like 80% of the coins I buy immediately drop. Sucks...
>>
>>2652631
lmao do you even look at the charts at all?
>>
>>2652650
I'm a noob, I admit it. I go after coins with high volume that are on an upward trend.
>>
File: 1497041611993.png (152KB, 438x420px) Image search: [Google]
1497041611993.png
152KB, 438x420px
>work
>fun

ok
>>
>>2652674
Doesn't have to be fun. But it shouldn't be miserable.
>>
>>2652672
That's generally the opposite of what you want to do.
>>
That's because you probably thought daytrading was some Hollywood bullshit where you click buttons and make 1000% ROI just by making decisions for the sake of making decisions.

Daytrading is just the careful optimization of your positions.
>>
I daytrade at my actual job. I enjoy it way more than working. If I could quit and do it at home while I have a movie playing or something, I'd be in heaven.
>>
>>2652712
>>2652693

Ok, so can you give me some tips and strategies?
>>
>>2652552
If you're not able to be constantly mesmerized by numbers all day long, active trading really is not for you.
but really, if you're not into numbers doing your own investments may just not be your cup of tea. Long term investments need to be researched and reevaluated as well. Starting with making sure whatever you buy is actually here to stay for the cited 10+ years.
>>
>>2652552
I day traded into the crude oil crash. I made 140%+ return in 3 months trading the leveraged oil ETFs in the mornings but it was extremely stressful. My target was usually 2% profit a day or if I got a stop loss or two.

Oil had reached 30$ on the third month. Even though I was making good trades I was staring at charts into 4AM at night and scared shitless.

I moved to mostly blue chips after that and even though I didn't make as much money, I picked up some cheap stocks like BAC at $13, AAPL at $95.
>>
>>2652814
Honestly looking at the numbers is a meme for long term investing
>>
>>2652831
i was thinking of buying USO and just waiting for oil to go back to 100
>>
Never stop reading, looking up information/articles/trends/updates, check /biz, check reddit, observe markets. absorb it all let your mind put it all together dont pressure yourself that you can't do it; trust your gut.
>>
>>2652552
i have to agree with bill gates here. I only buy stuff i truly believe in (although i have bought and sold at lows and highs) and i'm up 8x since mid May
>>
>>2653084

There have been no lows since May.
>>
>>2653103
dips and moons then if you will
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.