[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you secure your gains /biz/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: confused pepe.png (22KB, 612x491px) Image search: [Google]
confused pepe.png
22KB, 612x491px
Do you guys just short when you expect corrections on an exchange like Kraken? Use tether? I've heard mixed things about it.
I'm only on Gemini and Bittrex at the moment but I made a nice sum off that 30% ETH rebound and would like to lock those gains in.
>>
I know I have the ability to withdraw to USD on Gemini but I assume there will be long holding periods on my funds if I want to get back in and if I convert to USD that's taxable each time which sounds like a hassle.
>>
stick it in exodus. It has shapeshift built into it which is nice.

make sure to write down the key somewhere safe. If you mean turning it into cash, just convert to bitcoin and sell it on whatever site you prefer, jeez
>>
>>2650661
>>2650652
> that's taxable each time
You mean every time you sell crypto for USD you get taxed? I don't have that on Kraken.
>>
>>2650652
I sell it and put it into a coin that's pretty stable. Usually xrp is good because the price doesn't fluctuate much
>>
>>2650682
Kraken doesnt tax you, you have to pay capital gains tax (unless you come from country with lax tax laws)
>>
>>2650652
>secure your gains.
this is something you should think about doing 5 years from now. you're just throwing away money trying to cash out now.
>>
>>2650682
no not automatically but technically you're supposed to report it on your annual tax returns. Imagine it'd only be really be an issue if you get audited and or are dealing in large sums but still I'd rather just follow the law.
>>
>>2650675
>>2650715
I'm not talking about cashing out for good, I mean pull out of the market because I expect a dip and plan to buy back in on the rebound. Bittrex and Gemini don't have shorting so the best I've been doing is like >>2650691
said
>>
>>2650731
have you looked into bitshares and their exchange? they have bts pegged to usd. you can buy usdt on their dex also.
>>
>>2650879
I'll check it out thanks
>>
Any exchange of token is capital gains taxable
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.