[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's present a hypothetical. Say there was a bitcoin faucet/gambling/whatever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: wojak.jpg (9KB, 239x249px) Image search: [Google]
wojak.jpg
9KB, 239x249px
Let's present a hypothetical.

Say there was a bitcoin faucet/gambling/whatever site that had an exploit which gradually allowed you to gain an unprecedented amount of bitcoin, and nothing in the terms of agreement for the site (if any) forbids it. Assume also they pay through coinbase, or another site that directly links your bank account.

Does this sort of thing happen a lot? How would the IRS respond if you were to cash out all of this bitcoin to your bank account? Would frequency of deposits factor into their concern? Would they shrug it off because it's bitcoin? How much would be too much?

The legality of converting crypto to USD is a subject that I think should be discussed for us newcomers.
>>
>>2649393
Don't wanna get fucked? ez.

pay your capital gains tax
>>
Dont cash through coinbase etc, cash out with bitcoin vending machines.
Theres one nextdoor to me with 5k/week withdraw limit

Remember to pay taxes xD
>>
>>2649393
kek I came to /biz/ looking for this exact pic, thanks anon

Well I might as well respond to your thread while I'm here. I would suggest not cashing out. There are plenty of stores online that sell shit for BTC. We need to actually support this shit if we want it to grow. Fuck the IRS and fuck the banks. We /crypto-capitalism/ now
>>
For quitters

Bitcoin.tax/FAQ
>>
>>2649441

Either this or fork over your 40% to the Feds.

>>2649410
Somebody will be monitoring these soon enough. Either that, or they'll charge some kind of exorbitant fee eventually. Who would you rather end up with your money? The US Gov't or Uncle Yazi's Crazy Party ATM company? I mean that's for you to decide. I'd drip feed yourself through them now or prepare your returns later.
>>
File: 1496387874140.jpg (34KB, 378x370px) Image search: [Google]
1496387874140.jpg
34KB, 378x370px
>>2649393
>converting to fiat
>ever
Top kek anon. This is a non issue if you simply make all purchases with btc.
>>
>>2649410
So send it from coinbase to another wallet address? Also, a fucking bitcoin vending machine?? Are these available in the US or do you live in Eastern Europe?
>>
>>2649481
is it 40? figured it was more 30 range
>>
File: trumpepe.png (52KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
trumpepe.png
52KB, 600x600px
>>2649393
>use btc to buy high ticket items
>sell them
>money laundering
>>
>>2649393
The IRS literally has NO FUCKING CLUE WHAT THEY'RE DOING when it comes to crypto.

Read this:
kek

https://www.treasury.gov/tigta/auditreports/2016reports/201630083fr.pdf

>Although the IRS issued Notice 2014-21, Virtual
Currency Guidance, and established the Virtual
Currency Issue Team, there has been little
evidence of coordination between the
responsible functions to identify and address, on
a program level, potential taxpayer
noncompliance issues for transactions involving
virtual currencies. None of the IRS operating
divisions have developed any type of
compliance initiatives or guidelines for
conducting examinations or investigations
specific to tax noncompliance related to virtual
currencies. In addition, it does not appear that
any of the actions already taken by the IRS to
address virtual currency tax noncompliance
were coordinated to ensure that the IRS
maintains a strategic approach to the tax
implications of virtual currencies.
Although the IRS requested comments to
Notice 2014-21 from the public, no actions were
taken to address the comments received.
>>
File: 5243523432.jpg (45KB, 352x351px) Image search: [Google]
5243523432.jpg
45KB, 352x351px
>use bitcoin to buy paypal cards
>send that amount to various paypal accounts
>deposit into bank
>money laundering
>>
>>2649582
>Bank reports deposits to IRS
>IRS fucks you
>>
This is just where I stand on this, and I'm not trying to be anybody's dad.

If I manage to run my initial investment up to an amount where I felt like I was ready to cash a lot of money out, I would be so apprehensive about getting all my shit frozen for no other reason than my own greed that I would jump off the nearest bridge if that happened.

Again, that's MY sense and MY (hypothetical) money. I mean, fuck the government and fuck all governments to an extent but if that's the difference between retiring 10 years early and sitting in any kind of jail to me, no fuck it. Those jackoffs can have their cut.
>>
File: photo_a.jpg (22KB, 600x340px) Image search: [Google]
photo_a.jpg
22KB, 600x340px
>>2649645
>Don't transfer to bank
>use paypal for all fiat purchases
>>
Wow looks like this meme money thing actually has potential for those of us without a mining rig. Just find an exploit in a faucet, mine like hell, and start investing. yolo bro
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.