[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to send fiat from coinbase into a USDT wallet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: tether.png (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
tether.png
6KB, 200x200px
Is it possible to send fiat from coinbase into a USDT wallet?
>>
>>2647884
1 USDT does not equal 1 USD you fucking retard.

They fluctuate between 93 cents per USDT and 1.05 or so per USDT.

It's just a regular cryptocurrency, with its own wallet and everything else.

They also stopped allowing people to exchange USDT for USD a few months ago when Wells Fargo sued them and they shut down all transactions for a while, causing the price of USDT to plummet for a while.

It's just a regular crypto.
>>
>>2647884
http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/04/24/converting-usdt-usd-subject-7-premium-due-tethers-banking-woes/
>>
>>2647913
um excuse me what the fuck, is that first sentence true. I was under the impression that each USDT is backed by a real dollar
>>
>>2647913
it literally says on the website that 1 USDT will always equal 1 USD backed by their fiat reserves
>>
>>2647968
And you're literally a fucking newfag who got here in the past 2 or 3 months.

>>2647943
>>2647968
DO SOME FUCKING RESEARCH.

USDT was sued by Wells Fargo and temporarily only able to make withdrawals to people in Taiwan. That caused its price to plummet almost 10% because the peg was gone and Kraken started allowing it to be traded as a regular cyrptocurrency at the will of the free market the next week.

They may have fixed the problem. Great.

Also, for a while, their liabilities outweighed their assets on their website.

FUCKING READ THIS FROM THE TETHER WEBSITE:
https://tether.to/announcement/
>>
File: 1467653283358.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1467653283358.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>2647943
>I was under the impression that each USDT is backed by a real dollar
>>
>>2647943
>>2647968
They may be back on track, but THIS fiasco:

https://tether.to/announcement/
http://bitcoinist.com/dammit-tether-one-job/

Really fucked up the trust for a lot of people.

People here were screaming "GET OUT OF TETHER IT IS GOING TO 0" for weeks.

Read the articles above.
>>
>>2647913
I'll admit I don't know much about USDT but I was under the same impression as >>2647943
>>2647968

I just want to be able to transfer some of my cash sitting on coinbase over to bittrex to buy alts. Can't seem to find a clear answer on this.
>>
>>2647986
>getting this flustered about something that doesn't affect your life whatsoever

jesus fucking christ, neck yourself you autist
>>
>>2648012
Buy LTC and transfer the LTC and then sell the LTC on Bittrex. That's how you do it.

Not BTC, not ETH. Fucking buy LTC to transfer cause it's the fastest and cheapest transaction fee.
>>
>>2648016
Sometimes when you see how oblivious other people are you just can't help it
>>
>>2648016
You know how people freaked the fuck out when BTC dropped by like 10%, only?

When USDT dropped 10%, I freaked the fuck out, cause I had so much of it waiting to buy up dips. But with BTC, the price recovered. With USDT, we were told the price could stay low or even drop to 0 in an instant for months and months. It sucked.

This also spurred the sudden boost of BTC which you're still seeing the remnants of today. Now lots of other factors did too, but a big one was that Polo's USDT prices started being 10% higher than the rest of the market in USD, so the rest of the market starting adjusting to catch up and this stopped the BTC crash down to $900 earlier this year and started its 4 month trend up to where it was now, fueled by other incredible news and events along the way.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.