[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

scalping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: snes mini.jpg (145KB, 994x693px) Image search: [Google]
snes mini.jpg
145KB, 994x693px
Anyone here ever scalp shit? Thinking about buying some of pic related since I had such success last time with the NES mini. Bought around 25 last time with a trade bot camping best buy/walmart/amazon, sold them all for a $75 sometimes $100 profit on ebay and then put all the money into bitcoin

I'm thinking I can do the same with the SNES mini. I've got my bot watching amazon and walmart as we speak ready to snatch up at least 5 of them
>>
>>2635774
Well, if you are you ok with being a scumbag, go ahead.
>>
File: 1427488354571.png (9KB, 339x324px) Image search: [Google]
1427488354571.png
9KB, 339x324px
>>2635774
>being scalper filth when you could be buying ants instead
>>
>>2635788
>scumbag
>making sure product ends up in the hands of people who contribute to society instead of random fucks (read: commies) is a scumbag move.
>>
I was gonna do that with an amiibo I got earlier this week but I decided to keep it because its pretty cool, its going for like 3x what I paid for though so I have a little regret. Honestly there isnt a ton you can scalp. your options are limited to

>top 40 artist concerts
>broadway if you live in NYC
>apple products
>nintendo products
>whatever meme toy is hot with 9 year olds on christmas
>>
I resold Nikes back when SB dunks were a huge thing a decade ago.

Usually never worth the effort unless you have a connect on the supply side to effortlessly give you like 50+ units. Shipping costs and logistics eat in to your margin, and if time is money (it is) dealing with all your whiny individual eBay customers will be a pain in the ass

Assuming production numbers for this will be the same as the NES could also fuck you over. One product isn't enough of a history to trust you'll get equivalent returns.
>>
>>2635774
Let me tell you a story, Anon.

I cornered the DS market in my State when it first started and made over $40,000 in profit.

I could have made more, but my cards were maxed out the day a palette of 100 hit Costco.

The key was selling them to Europe in Pounds.

Every DS I bought was 100% profit.

Today, it's much too difficult.
>>
>>2635829
Yeezys and some supreme merchandise are good for scalping as well
>>
>>2635788
>>2635801

Not OP, but is being a scalper really that bad? Specifically video game scalping? It's just supply & demand. Selling items for whatever people want to pay for them.

People bitch and moan about it every time something new comes out, but in all honesty there's countless other forms of scalping/price gouging going on in the world but people don't complain about those things half as much as they do video game scalping. House flipping, the entire american medical industry, price of fuels, etc. But people decide to lose their fucking minds over a video game.

If you feel like you're that entitled, I'll be more than fuckin happy to sell you an SNES Classic for 500% price markup.
>>
>>2635858
This. I'm thinking of scalping for the first time as well.

Last time, I was honestly thinking of getting a NES Classic and reselling it for store price to unlucky people.

When Nintendo suddenly stopped production and people were pissed off, I hoped they learned their lesson and that Switch sales would be shit.
Instead, it's been sold out as well, and scalpers are still making money off of it.

If Nintendo is that much into enabling scalpers, I think I might join in on the action.
>>
>>2635829
Im in the same boat. I got the TP Zelda amiibo and I'm debating if I want to unbox it or not.
>>
>>2635858
Hahaha my thoughts exactly.
People will act high and mighty too for buying something at MSRP and having the moral highground for not paying market price for rare merchandise, but once they miss one they really want, they're happy to leave me positive feedback on ebay after paying quadruple.
>>
File: blackops3.jpg (1MB, 1600x1099px) Image search: [Google]
blackops3.jpg
1MB, 1600x1099px
>>2635774

> bought pic related for $200
> sold pic related for $300

Now they're going for $500.

As far as scalpers being scum, you must have an ignorant point of view on life to have that kind of attitude.
>>
>>2635774
Sounds like a splendid idea desu. I'm not a scalper myself, but Starfox 2 will probably be the main draw for this console since its never been released before and I'm predicting more SNES classics will be bought than NES classics because of that.
>>
File: business.jpg (29KB, 397x604px) Image search: [Google]
business.jpg
29KB, 397x604px
>>2636182
Yep, this is going to be hyped up like fucking crazy when it comes out and it's going to be sold out FAST. I'm gonna buy up what I can and put no-reserve auctions on ebay. Move em quickly and profit damn good too.
>>
>>2635774
1 time I did with a pair of Yeezy's I managed to get. Bought for 220 plus tax, sold for 600. Wanted to do it again but the chances of getting a pair reserved are ridiculously small
>>
>>2636196
why would anyone buy this garbage in the first place
>>
>>2636880
Wrong question to ask if there are people willing to pay an inflated price for it. You should be asking "Where can I buy in bulk at a low price to resell them?"
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.