[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im just not fucking sure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

I live in an area with very cheap electric rates under .06kwh, its in america in the middle of nowhere. I already have a decent income stream from working my trade but I want to do more with life so I thought about using the low electric rates to mine crypto, Ive done the math and even with 2-500 dollar asics i would be getting my invesment back and making profit in less than 6 months. So /biz. am I doing this right or am i a fucking retard, my gtx 960 is already making me 2$ a day should I pursue this , have I finally found an advantage to living in the middle of podunk fucking nowhere?
>>
File: 1459810208795.jpg (36KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
1459810208795.jpg
36KB, 400x386px
>>2633692
You got cheap electric and BTC is here to stay, homeboy. I'm typing this with a dual 1080ti to my left and a dual 1070 to my right, it'll only be too late when it's obviously too late.

The initial big scary red numbers that mining imposes is what keeps a lot of folk out of the market or just to trading, if you can stomach the temporary loss for a couple months than go for it, my man.

With that said, there are other options out there as well. When video cards become cheaper their return rate will improve, making that a solid choice.

BURST and a handful of others utilize your HDD instead of GPU as well, 20TB may be my next buy considering they have they highest ROI out of anything at the moment.

Your move, buddy. Fuck, am I bored. When crypto goes barren for a couple days it feels like there's nothing to do.
>>
File: happy-man1.jpg (46KB, 610x335px) Image search: [Google]
happy-man1.jpg
46KB, 610x335px
>>2634319
Thank you Anon, I never expected to get a generally usefull reply. looks like im going to be searching for a good asic to start with and expand from there.
>>
File: fuk.jpg (4KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
fuk.jpg
4KB, 100x100px
>>2634369
No problem, buddy. If you thought crypto had a rough point of entry with anons being venomous and secretive than mining is even worse.

More miners means higher difficulty. Higher difficulty means less digi-bucks.

"It's too late to mine," is the biggest FUD horseshit around.

Of course, ETH is getting tougher by the day. So, don't fucking mine ETH.

Of course, RX cards are all bought up by NEETs. So, don't use RX.

I'm a giant dork and a broke college kid so making 35 shekels a day having two computers running in the background is more than exciting. Most definitely looking to expand but everybody needs a starting point.
>>
>>2634525

You're making that much with GPU mining? BTC or some other coin?
>>
I bought an RX 580 to mine out of impulse because I get 0.06kwh as well.
>>
>>2634627
Zcash, homeboy. The dip is of course lowering my immediate returns but I'm just hodling until I'm back to normal.

I don't have a whole lot of faith in Zcash's longestivity at such a high price, but that's the beauty of mining. You can chose whatever you want.

2x1080tis
3x1070s
>>
File: hillbillycomputersmall2.gif (9KB, 170x150px) Image search: [Google]
hillbillycomputersmall2.gif
9KB, 170x150px
>>2634649
I just started this on a whim, Ive been looking for something I could turn some profit from for a while and never though of how cheap the juice is around here. There is nothing here unless you are happy with shit factory work or trade labor, fucking everyone is poor but I try not to be retarded like the rest of the common hicks.
still kind of retarded though.
>>
>>2634739
what do you do for normie money?
>>
>>2633692

What are you mining that a 960 gets you $2 a day?
>>
File: service.jpg (205KB, 633x316px) Image search: [Google]
service.jpg
205KB, 633x316px
>>2634813
>>2634827
Hvac

Mining with nicehash, I know its kinda shit but im still learning. using fx 6300, gtx 960 and a 5770 all clocked through the roof and stable cost is 43 cents a day or so ive been pulling 2.60 every 24 hrs just got my first payout today
>>
>>2634655
are you using nicehash?
>>
>>2634886
Money's money. You might be able to squeeze out a bit more cash if you tried the EWBF CUDA miner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_miYiuasSSY

I was only pulling 22ish bucks a day in BTC with Nicehash AND it was the buggiest pain in the ass with multiple cards.
>>
>>2634935
EWBF CUDA miner and the Suprnova mining pool.
>>
>>2634967
What would you suggest for AMD based mining with 2x 7850s (underrated) and 1x rx 580
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.