[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BitShares

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: yfw you realize its happening.gif (3MB, 300x237px) Image search: [Google]
yfw you realize its happening.gif
3MB, 300x237px
>100% decentralized wallet and exchange
>Plethora of interesting smartcoins like BitGold and Bit20
>Can borrow and short sell any smartcoin

Bitshares is the most redpilled coin, try to prove me wrong, oh wait you can't.
>>
>>2629441
>>2629441
tell me more, young lady.
>>
>>2629441
don't keep me waiting dipshit. use your words like a big girl and explain bitshares.
>>
>>2629470
>>2629514
wait, you guys don't actually know how bitshares work?

I was just memeing
>>
>>2629542
no, we don't, continue.
>>
>>2629514
Yeah, reply to this guy and sell us your coin
>>
File: download (1).jpg (332KB, 1234x982px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
332KB, 1234x982px
It's so easy, my retarded mother could do it

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1949828.0
>>
File: logo50.png (13KB, 87x50px) Image search: [Google]
logo50.png
13KB, 87x50px
>>2629566
https://steemit.com/bitshares/@lukestokes/playing-in-the-margins-bitusd-and-bitshares-on-open-ledger

tl;dr

BitShares is a decentralized browser wallet and exchange where smartcoins can be issued via smart contracts that are kept in the BTS network, smart coins are brought into existence by borrowing them from the network and locking at least 175% of their value in a BTS collateral (that you can get back when you pay your debt by shortselling)

Examples of interesting bitshares assets:

Bit20: Bit20 is a smart contract running on the BitShares platform that acts as an ETF/index fund of the top 20 assets which re-balances every month (like S&P500 but for crypto)

BitGold:

BitGOLD is exactly like Bitcoin (you hold the private keys) only it’s pegged to the value of real gold. 1 ounce of bitGOLD will always equal the value of 1 ounce of real gold. That means if real gold goes up in value, so does bitGOLD (and vice versa).

BitUSD: it's like tether but on the BTS network, it can be created by borrowing it just like fiat money
>>
>>2629609
Shit I literally had the bit20 idea a few days ago (rebalance daily tho). Cool it's a real thing lmao.
>>
>>2629609
"Bitcoin did for money, what I believe Bitshares will do for the future of business"

Further reading:

>What are BitShares Market Pegged Assets?

http://bytemaster.github.io/article/2014/12/18/What-are-BitShares-Market-Pegged-Assets/

>Price-Stable Cryptocurrencies

https://bitshares.org/technology/price-stable-cryptocurrencies/

>User-Issued Assets

https://bitshares.org/technology/user-issued-assets/
>>
>>2629651
Here's the best thing about BTS smartcoins

SmartCoins always have 100% or more of their value backed by the BitShares core currency, BTS, to which they can be converted at any time at an exchange rate set by a trustworthy price feed. In all but the most extreme market conditions, SmartCoins are guaranteed to be worth at least their face value (and perhaps more, in some circumstances). Like any other cryptocurrency, SmartCoins are fungible, divisible, and free from any restrictions.
>>
File: DAiMugVXYAAiV2W.jpg (149KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
DAiMugVXYAAiV2W.jpg
149KB, 1536x2048px
>>2629609

tether is actually $1 by having a single exchange (bitfinex) allow oyu to trade it for $1 with their bank. when they had issues iwth bank, tether value was failing until it restored. it depends on trust in finex/bank

bitUSD (and other smart assets) are trustless assets, value is provided by data feeds from many witnesses who get fired if they do bad job, and its kept at $1 copmletely trustless manner, no fucking bank needed. it's smart contract that keeps $1 of bts always locked in it adjusting from the collateral.

graphene coins are dominating crypto and faster than visa

steem is at 700k tx/day and can do 100,000 tx/second(by the way always 0 fees)

bitshares is at 620 tx/day and can do 100,000 tx/second (and tokens)

btc and eth are stuck at 300k tx/day with backlogs and can do only like 3.5 tx/second and like 15 tx/second tops.

LOL
>>
>>2629441
t.bagholder who's never actually used bitshares

It's absolutely shit. My dick is also a decentralized wallet and exchange, doesn't mean it's worth a lot of money
>>
File: OpenLedger.png (21KB, 145x786px) Image search: [Google]
OpenLedger.png
21KB, 145x786px
>>2629718
>implying
>>
>>2629705
so i should buy steem and bts then until a winner is decided?
>>
>>2629728
bot are great to be honest, the fact that these coins actually serve a purpose makes better than 90% of all the other altcoins
>>
>>2629727
ok so you know it's shit but you use it anyway. Good for you
>>
>>2629782
what about 6 months from now when buttcoin's dominance is secured and there's less uncertainty?
>>
>>2629822

then you trade buttcoin on the dex and post about it on steem
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.