[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a market for setting up Bitcoin payment systems in stores?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: opengraph.png (14KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
opengraph.png
14KB, 500x500px
Local store near me just started taking Bitcoin. How hard would it be for me to set up Bitcoin payments for other small local stores?

How much should I charge for the service?

This is trendy and makes the news. Gentrification idiots eat it up
>>
>>2629425

there are alot of straight foward payment apps fornl stores. youd be better off selling a service to educate and set up already existing payment systems.
>>
>>2629487
Yeah, that's kind of what I meant. Like setting up computers for old people in the early 2000s. You just kind of tell them how it works, and pretend like it's complicated
>>
What exactly do you mean by
>set up Bitcoin payments for other

I don't imagine it would be must harder than setting up any other business. But be aware that there is taxation on crypto, even if most traders ignore them at the moment*.
Any I imagine there are more taxes, and there are certainly more expenses to set it up.
Assuming you get the customers, it could be beneficial, tho.

If you buy 1BTC today today for 2500$ and in one month it's woth 3000$, then if you spend that 1BTC, cash out in $ or even trade it for another crypto, you pay a two digit percentage on the 500$ gain.
However, this tax drops if the BTC you give away is >1 year old.
>>
>>2629630
Lol fuck taxes. How is the irs going to know. I'll just move it to a different exchange and set up an offshore bank if I make my millions
>>
>>2629630
complete BS that trading cryptos for cryptos is a taxable event.
>>
>>2629774

it reguired to be logged.
>>
File: evolution_medusa_art.jpg (59KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
evolution_medusa_art.jpg
59KB, 500x376px
>>2629774
Because you don't like it?

If you buy x amount of BTC for 10k dollars and later sell those same x amount for 10k+5k, you have speculation gain of 5k and the state wants its share.
It doesn't matter if you use your BTC to buy Coca Cola drinks or ETH.

But unless you want to have your money in crypto forever, it doesn't matter anyway.
Whether you trade your BTC for ETH and pay taxes right away, or if you think you can make this trade for free and still eventually cash out ETH, you gonna officially pay the taxes.

If you think you can buy BTC for 10k, see it moon and then trade it to ARC and cash in your ARC at some myserious place to avoid all taxes on you - that's essentially an attempt to launder your cash
>>
>>2630026
because it's not true. only taxable event is going back to fiat.
>>
>>2630044
Sorry, made a unit typo

Source?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.