[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2FA recovery, data protection general thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: download.jpg (5KB, 212x238px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 212x238px
I am confused about 2fa. Lets say I lose my phone and I want to sign into bittrex, are my codes tied to my gmail account? Is the only way to get my code back to tell bittrex that I fucked up and show them identity proof?
Where do I find my private keys for 2fa?

How are you guys keeping your investments safe? I'm 10btc deep and now paranoid
>>
>>2628780
first of all you use gmail so that would be your problem. you talk about safe and you use gmail? please stop
>>
ok I found a way to get a backup 2fa from bittrex.
disable it, then before re-enabling it it tells you a private key, you can also screen shot your key qr code.

ok now i feel safe losing my phone :)
comfy
>>
>>2628798
>>2628780
i used a windows computer they other day and wanted to shot my self in the face.......twice
>>
your phone has to be rooted to do this I believe.

Why did you make a thread when you could have just searched google for "back up google authenticator key"

I mean really, we're living in an age where you can speak that into your phone and you chose to ask a peruvian mineral mining board instead.
>>
File: 52214298_p0_master1200.jpg (78KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
52214298_p0_master1200.jpg
78KB, 600x600px
>>2628831
sorry to hear that your life is shit and using a computer brings you to the edge of suicide lol
>>
>>2628832
fuck off peru.
>>
>>2628780
your private key is given to you when you set up your 2fa. this is all you need. most people don't see it and don't write it down because they're retarded.

if you need to, just disable 2fa and enable it again and you'll get a new private key.
>>
>>2628839
have you used a fucking windows computer??? it took me 45 mins to find out how to change the battery setting. linux mater race reporting in. i almost shot myself
>>
>>2628850
jewbase and gemini don't give you a special key though.
>>
File: 58539748_p0_master1200.jpg (167KB, 360x600px) Image search: [Google]
58539748_p0_master1200.jpg
167KB, 360x600px
>>2628876
ya since birth
all you had to do was type battery in to the search bar and it gives u the option to mess with it idiot
>>
File: 1495685081741.jpg (43KB, 570x587px) Image search: [Google]
1495685081741.jpg
43KB, 570x587px
>>2628876
>i dont no how to use it so it must suck
>>
>>2628895
it took me 20 mins to get out of the app start page to enter the home page. fucking apps on top of fucking apps. this is not a iphone i dont need all these apps. leaving windows computers was the best thing i have ever done. im watching website ping my computer as we speak try to do that on windowjew
>>
>>2628964
You sound like such a fedora fag.
>>
>>2628780
stop being a retard, if you didn't save the key then go and disable 2fa and enable it again and save the new key in a notepad and take a screenshot too.
>>
>>2628895
hey just warning you avatarfagging with the same pictures gets you banned by faggot mods, be careful
>>
File: gun-pepe.jpg (6KB, 200x194px) Image search: [Google]
gun-pepe.jpg
6KB, 200x194px
>>2629052
can't have any fun around this shit hole
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.