[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Given all the data says yes, can I generally plan on 8% annual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_7790.jpg (13KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7790.jpg
13KB, 320x320px
Given all the data says yes, can I generally plan on 8% annual returns if I long term invest in an index fund?

inb4 cointards
>>
WTF INDEX FUNDS? COINS BRUHH WTF GET COINS!!! LAMBO MOON!!
>>
>>2624847
Just buy 500 dollars worth of coins. That should cure your nocoiner syndrome.
>>
Generally ye. You can get way more than 8% return manually investing though, varying from stuff like lawn care to stocks. You just have to be in the top 10% best of that industry.
>>
Is that like iconomi? Sum1 pls translate nocoiner
>>
>>2624847
Did you add the data where the US economy collapse and turn into Zimbabwe because of gross malpractices by the FED ?
>>
>>2624847
The average is more like ~4-6% actual return after fees+taxes
>>
you could have bought eth 20 minutes ago and been up literally 25% by the time you made this post
>>
>>2624886
OP's life: cut into pieces
>>
>>2624875

>t. 4chan economist
>>
>>2624847
Your data is weak.

First, everything depends on when you start indexing unless you're going back ~100 years. For example, buying in 2008 and selling now gives you ~9 years of superb index performance. Now suppose you bought one year earlier in 2007; you'd just now start feeling like stocks aren't a meme.

Stocks are incredibly overvalued right now, as are all assets. There are literally negative interest rates (you're getting paid to borrow money) in two of the three major currencies. That pushes up bonds, stocks, and everything else, because fundamentally every asset purchase is to spend money now to get money later. Imagine if somebody was paying you to take their money and then make yourself money later; it suddenly becomes a lot more profitable to invest money; which means asset prices go up.

Here's the fucked up part - nobody is actually investing, i.e. buying a fucking tractor or power plant or cheezits factory. The majority of the rally from 2009 has been major corporations making large acquisitions (amazon buying whole foods), major corporations issuing debt to buy back their stock (swapping high-interest equity for negative interest debt), and an influx of foreign investors and central banks buying US equities with negative interest debt to collect money on both ends.

That adds up to a monumental "black swan" type event, the timeframe of which is accelerating due to the US Fed's policy of hiking interest rates combined with heightened political risk in the form of Trump and his agenda, whether you support it or not, because nobody can figure out whether it can even happen or not with the in-fighting. Meanwhile Illinois and Puerto Rico are bankrupt and when we were prepared to bail out major banks; we'll probably bail out states.

Watch The Big Short, read zerohedge, shit bricks, and buy a gun, gold, and S&P 500 puts.
>>
>>2624879

and more like 0-1%% after inflation.
>>
>>2624847
>>2624988

And for 8% per year you could just buy muni's from a not-shit state like the Dakotas or Texas, munis are usually state & federal tax exempt and you can easily get 4-6% from fast growing cities.
>>
File: 1498426631402.jpg (24KB, 401x372px) Image search: [Google]
1498426631402.jpg
24KB, 401x372px
>>2624988
Beautiful anon F
>>
>>2624847
if you invest right now, you can probably expect -30% returns for the first 3 years
>>
>>2624847
On average, yes. On any given year, theres no way of telling if youll even make money though.
>>
>>2624847
Yes, the average return on for example the S&P Vanguard index fund has a historical been a return rate of 10%
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.