[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Buy and hold"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (42KB, 1280x720px)
maxresdefault.jpg
42KB, 1280x720px
How much do you guys make off your portfolio by holding? In terms of % i mean. I still feel like it's a meme, pls convince me it's a better idea than trying to grow low amount of money through trading.
>>
>>2608288

Right now I'm losing a little bit over time holding the coin I went all in on, but I like it and the devs behind it and treat it like a long-term investment. Trying to chase gains with other coins is too stressful and risky for me
>>
you make substantially more money by knowing how to buy and sell the spikes, but 95% of people don't actually know how to do that.
>>
Holding BTC and LTC here. At 75-25%.

People keep panicking every drop but they forget these dumps will look really small in the long term scale.
>>
>>2608288
I lend on polo, all across the board around 3-4% monthly, plenty for me. As it is take me only 10mins per day at most.....
>>
>>2608330
how do I learn this. Willing to decicate the time
>>
>>2608288
Jesus Christ the children that used to watch my videos are buying my bags today

What happened
>>
time in the market > timing the market
>>
>>2608288
The meme comes from people who have been in crypto for years. The ones who have learned that these ups and downs are nothing compared to the overwall upward trend crypto has had for years.

Some of them learned the hard way that selling out of fear instead of just holding has cost them a fortune.

If you can't daytrade effectively, don't try to time the market because you will ultimately make a lot less than you will by holding.
>>
'time in the market' works for dividend paying stocks, but not for crypto
>>
>>2608854
lol no
>>
Target - 10% per week.
>>
>>2608854

I don't think you understand how dividends work. Holding is a way to mitigate risk by not missing the upswings by trying to miss the down swings. If you focus on value, you'll never lose.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.