[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A question regarding supply, demand, and monopolies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (69KB, 960x625px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69KB, 960x625px
Would depriving a small local market of particular brand of product create more demand for that brand or would customers be more drawn in by and loyal towards the brands that popped up during the aforementioned brand's absence? What would be the best way to achieve and maintain a monopoly on the market beyond pricing and quality?

Pic unrelated
>>
I feel like it depends entirely on whether or not the brand name itself is worth more than the product. If not then people would just switch to a different brand.

Beyond pricing and quality the best way would be to bribe politicians to set laws barring anyone besides you from entering the market. Keep in mind I hate the idea of a monopoly in any market. Just giving information.
>>
>>2600562
My product is by far the best product in the area but my network is small and I'm only moving small units at a time because at the current level it's what yields the highest profit margin. The only way to move up and either maintain or improve my profit margin is to get into manufacturing or wholesale shipping and distribution which I don't have the resources or connections for either one. As it stands my only future with this company is solely as a middle man who works directly with the customers. Like I said, I'm trying to gain more notoriety than the other vendors but I can't think of anything beyond pricing, quality, or manipulating demand by misrepresenting the current supply to the consumer. I'm just worried by following the last option that my competitors might get a foot hold and my product won't sell if I pop in and out of the market.
>>
>>2600790
>>2600562
Should I just keep selling and keep and eye on what the other guys are selling? Would it be best to wait for the other guys to run out of the their supply, nab their customers and raise the price of my product? Or should I keep prices the same?
>>
>>2600480

the floor is job applications
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.