[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pleb needs info

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (13KB, 328x154px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13KB, 328x154px
Hey guys, I'm completely new to crypto shit currencies. Where do even buy ARK? I've heard of bitcoins and ETH and other shit currencies, but have no idea where to buy them. More popular ones like ETH and bitcoins are easily accessible, but where do I start off from getting ARK and these other penny price stuff?
>>
First off, go over what you want to achieve.
What are you after here?
To answer your question though, buy bitcoins, send them to an exchange that trades Ark (bittrex), buy Ark. There you've got Ark.
Not much way around those fees i'm afraid.
>>
>>2596808
So there's no way to buy them from the source? There's no central entity that created them? And sells/sold?

From what I understand, every other cryptoshit currency can only be bough in exchange of bitcoins, which is one of thew very few that can be bough with actual cash?

4chan will always be 4chan, falling into the hype train of stupid shit. This seems like the new generation of penny stock scams!
>>
>>2596958
No, you can't buy Ark from "the source". You buy them from exchanges and save them in your wallet which you can download from the Ark website for free.
>>
>>2596958
BTC or Litecoin or Ripple or Ethereum depending on the exchange.
Actually the hype train is already some years old,
>>
>>2596958
There is no way to buy them "from the source", no.
Sorry if that is not the answer you wanted but of course if you could buy from the source there would be no trading market as that would set the price so i'm not sure what you were after.
>>
>>2597066
Yeah for big boy stuff like bitcoins, but the rest garbage crypto that gets created every week it seems is just riding the train, trying to strike gold
>>
>>2597117
Some are interesting and are trying to solve some problems that bitcoin and ETH still have. But yeah too much p&d schemes.
>>
>>2597097
By source I meant, these currencies get released somewhere to the market. Like companies filing for IPOS, banks that underwrite and resell, the rouce of these shares is much cheaper for banks underwriting them than the general public when it hits the market. Do crypto work the same way? For instance, ARK released X amount to the market through an exchange, that means that the exchange got them at a different price than they are trading at now.
>>
>>2597117
>>2597152
Alts are actually a lot better than they were back in 2014. Back then 99% were just complete clones of bitcoin with no change whatsoever other than something minor like mining algorithm or supply cap. Now most new ones are at least trying to innovate in different ways.
>>
>>2597172
>For instance, ARK released X amount to the market through an exchange, that means that the exchange got them at a different price than they are trading at now.
Crypto works almost completely backwards from this actually. Coins are released either through an ICO that does not happen on an exchange, instead it is typically done through a smart contract that everyone has the opportunity to attempt to buy at(this can at times be difficult due to network congestion) or through mining coins with computer hardware. The coins on exchanges are coins that people transfer in when it gets listed.
>>
>>2597227
Correct me if I'm wrong, from what I understand is that the "source" is everyone who has mining rigs, then they connect to their network and start mining, the better the rigs the more they can accumulate. Theoretically someone with a super computer can accumulate many coins at a much faster rate, and then at a point create their own exchange (bank).

If that's the case why haven't tech giants jumped on this much earlier?
>>
>>2597297
Number of coins released is consistent, the ones with more powerful rigs just end up getting a higher percentage of the ones released. Large companies have formed specifically around mining crypto in China. Tech giants haven't jumped on board because electricity cost is one of the largest factors in profit margin so they'd have to operate overseas and even if they did they'd be competing against already entrenched companies and wouldn't realize that much profit.
>>
>>2597370
Wouldn't electricity cost be a lot cheaper, as per operating costs, if they can resell these coins at a much higher price? It would be so marginal compared to the amount they get and sell at market price?

Also what do you mean by released consistently? That means ARK or whatever currency decides to release X amount to be mined in intervals?
>>
>>2597491
With ark specifically its DPoS rather than proof of work so computer hardware won't help. You have to have ark to make more ark. 422 ark is made every day, you can watch this https://explorer.ark.io/delegateMonitor if you care. There are delegates that people can vote on with their wallet balance, 1 ark=1vote. The top 51 delegates forge and many payout appropriate shares to the people voting for them. A guy on /biz/ actually is actually one of the forging delegates.

As for proof of work coins like bitcoin you will always see the companies based in countries where electricity is cheaper dominate because as more people mine it becomes more difficult to mine a block. So more electricity cost and lower return. They can essentially drive everyone else to a point where they're unprofitable.
>>
>>2597626
>422
Sorry that is per delegate so the correct number should be 21,522.
>>
>>2597626
Again correct me if I'm wrong, from what I understood is that 21 522 ark coins are created daily. These coins are spread throughout the 51 delegates. Then these delegates decide what they want to do with them, either payout the voters who voted for them, or they can accumulate them?

In this case 21 522/ (ARK*#votes)*51y

What's stopping these candidates to vote for themselves and just accumulate?

Also, if there's an infinite amount of ARKS produced what drives the value of it besides only the hype?

A lot of information so far, thanks!
>>
>>2597920
Yeah, its 21522, I gave the wrong number in the first post. What's stopping the candidates is if they don't payout to their voters as agreed their voters will vote for people who will. We're talking around 800,000 ark per delegate here, there's no way for single people to fill all of those.

>what drives value besides hype
Adoption and tech. Inflation rate really isn't that much in comparison to how quickly new people come in and as its a flat amount as a percentage it will decrease as years go by. There's still around 2,000 new bitcoins a day.
>>
>>2598019
I thought it was 21 522 coins total per day, and separated by these delegates. The number of votes they get= the percentage of the full sum created they receive daily. In that case if 1ark=1 vote, à candidate can receive theoretically up to 21 522 votes daily. In either case it creates an oligopoly of coins, because there's only a limited amount of people spreading them to begin with (51)
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.