[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Other coins why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

Can someone explain to me in any way why investing in a non-mainstream coin could possibly make any sense?

BTC is the king of the market and actually has consumer adoption and brand recognition. ETH has applications for business and financial options, so it is possible that it could also have value long term.

But could someone explain to me why any of the other coins even exist? There's no possible way that they will gain the traction that Bitcoin has, no other coin will be accepted by businesses as a form of payment.

Blockchain coins were an idea brought to the front by bitcoin - all of them are basically the same idea and there is no reason to choose one over another. Except for whether or not they are accepted as a method of payment.

I'm not arguing against other coins here, I'm a complete newbie dipshit and only recently bought BTC and ETH

I WANT to find a coin and ride it to the moon, and /biz/ is filled with tons of coins that people are claiming will be worth something.

Are you guys only pumping and dumping these coins? Or am I missing something?
>>
pure greed
all these shitcoins offer (in theory) higher returns
>>
>>2594137
Bitcoin is the only real coin. The rest are digital beanie babies
>>
File: 1492433966545.jpg (26KB, 408x408px)
1492433966545.jpg
26KB, 408x408px
>>2594137
The prices of silver, platinum, uranium, copper etc move relatively independent of gold many times due to specific demand from certain applications. Shitcoins are no different except that some are utterly useless and we don't apparently know that yet. But that's only a portion and similarly some may have huge application potential. Think uranium in 1940 vs 1970.
>>
Look up BIP 148 and the UASF. Can't wait for the crying come August 1st
>>
I can tell from your image and your post that you're an idiot.

You're not investing in a coin, you're investing in a distributed platform. The currencies are merely a way of distributing funds around the platform to pay for the maintenance costs of the people running the nodes. If the platform is successful then naturally the currency becomes more valuable and people can even make a profit off it.

Just think of the platform as a pool of computational power. If you want to use a share of that power, you have to pay for it. The more desirable the platform, the more valuable its time is. This is the same whether the platform is purely designed to facilitate secure currency transactions (BTC) or for running DApps (ETH).
>>
>>2594188
But Uranium has applications. So does every precious metal or gemstone

The point of blockchain currency is only to be a currency, I can't imagine any future developments in which one particular blockchain currency would be more useful than another

They are all just bitcoin with different names, no?

>>2594154
So is the plan to buy them now, and sell when they are worth something but before they become worthless?
>>
>>2594137
Hey retard, have you tried fucking paying for something at a "business" with Bitcoin? Imagine paying for a meal at a restaurant and you have to wait an hour for the transaction confirmation and pay 5$ in fees. Clearly there's a lot of trail blazing left to be done and FYI I'm in Vancouver and many of the company that accept Bitcoin now accept Litecoin aswell because of its convenience and usability.
>>
>>2594234
>I can't imagine any future developments in which one particular blockchain currency would be more useful than another
Perhaps you aren't more imaginative or more savvy with blockchain development than developers currently at work on certain currency application projects and being paid through crypto valuation.

If you believe that you are then don't invest, many obviously don't agree with you though. I'm one of those.
>>
>>2594137
XMR offers more anonymity than Bitcoin and will make it big as long as people keep buying drugs on the dark web.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.