[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

vehicles as an investment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: inv.png (188KB, 704x532px) Image search: [Google]
inv.png
188KB, 704x532px
Does anyone have experience buying car(s) purely for an investment? Some of these things look like moon shots.
>>
>>2590374
Buy e30's or e36's in stellar condition (~5k$ each). preferably with 0 rust and large engines. Those thing tend to rust out real quick and have become a holy grail among car enthusiasts.
>>
Honda S2000 only went up so far
>>
>>2590374
My dear is that cars in this week are already maxed out. Rich boomers who want to recapture their youth and want one already have one. I'd look at cars from the 70s and 80s as the Gen Xers start to cash out in the coming 10-15 years.
>>
>>2590374
You need to be good with your hands and prepared to repair any mechanics/bodywork

You need access to tools and a garage to store them off road

If you can fulfill these things and have time to spare then you may be able to turn a profit
>>
>>2590413
i love e30s
>>2590420
i've noticed bone stock supra tts are still expensive
>>2590433
good idea, i was thinking 20+ year old cars to capture the generation that will retire the soonest so you're not having to store a new car for 20-30 years - storage is key as it will eat into any revenue
Thanks for the replies
>>
>>2590460
the storage cost will be the thing that makes or breaks the idea i think - storage places want 150$ a month for covered parking. you can't make money at that price i dont think
>>
Get yourself an R34 GTR, future classic.
>>
>>2590508
do you mean r35? you can't ship 34s to the usa for a few more years
>>
>>2590557
Arh gotcha, ausfag here. Yes R34.
Prices are skyrocketing here in Australia.
Also in Japan as well
>>
>>2590605
i just went on jdmexpo, they're already collector prices - saw one for $143k, i could buy a new r35 and sit on it or a couple used ones for that !
>>
File: cj-7.jpg (182KB, 1154x865px) Image search: [Google]
cj-7.jpg
182KB, 1154x865px
This is a sign anon op.

I am supposed to go get this jeep today. Lady's husband passed away and it was his toy. Its a 1983 with only 55K original miles. Getting it for $5k and probably worth $10K to $12K where I live.
>>
>>2590804
a sign indeed
>>
>>2590413
e46 also
you won't find a decent one with low milage and large engines under 10000 €
>>
There was a bit of an NSX bubble a few years ago. I'd still go for R34 GTR's. They're cheap in Japland, and as soon as they're legal in the USA the price is going to go huge.
>>
>>2591380
Addendum: It aint shit if it aint an M
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.