[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I get it now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: th.png (496KB, 1427x971px) Image search: [Google]
th.png
496KB, 1427x971px
I used to shit on ethereum because it can't scale
I used to laugh at all the wild promises and rumors

but I get it now, you can't lose when you trade eth
if you invest in a ICO token and it gets hacked like the DAO they will fork the chain and rollback
if you trade on an exchange and enough people lose you're reimbursed
being involved with eth is like printing money
>>
>>2590149
>they will fork the chain and rollback

I disagreed with the hard fork as well and it really put me off ethereum but they cant really pull it off again,or just fork whenever they feel like it as it needs miner consensus.
>>
Did anything go wrong technically on GDAX, or was it just idiots getting margin called? I really don't see why they would reimburse people when they did exactly what they were asked to do, even if most "investors" were too uninformed to even know what that is.
>>
>>2590165
Nothing went wrong. It must be better to do this and recoup it on fees than lose customers. Coinbase want reddit on their side.
>>
>>2590165
Coinbase wants a spotless reputation. I doubt they did anything wrong but decided that articles about people wanting to sue them(for a case they would have won) would be worse for them than shelling out some cash.
>>
>>2590165
Because geting liquidated $30k because of a $10 loan just to test the feature doesn't seem fair, so they fear a jury may think the same.
>>
>>2590180
>>2590165
It's a PR stunt

They don't want the bad publicity associated with all the lost ETH so they're making a very public statement

Sets a very bad precident imo
>>
>>2590149
I wish Bittrex would reimburse me every time I make a bad decision and lose "money".
>>
>>2590203
if vitalik doesn't fork the chain on the next ICO bust the price will go down, and coinbase is going to have customers calling to be reimbursed
>>
>>2590193
I can kinda agree with that.
>>
NoEther's BTFO
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.