[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was recently promoted to supervisor in a security position.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

I was recently promoted to supervisor in a security position. My new boss apparently considers unpaid overtime to be one of the job's requirements. What's the best way to tell him that if I'm working, I expect to be paid? Can't really afford a wrongful dismissal lawsuit if he fires me over it, and I genuinely believe he might just fire me if I do bring it up.
>>
>>2583109
read your contract
if you have an hourly wage then all your hours must be paid
keep track of all your hours and confront him if they're not paid
>>
Join our investment group for guaranteed profits - https://t.me/upcomingPumps
>>
It depends on how much you get paid and what the alternative is. It could be possible that its better to just do unpaid overtime
>>
record him telling you to work unpaid over time and blackmail him you retard
>>
>>2583109
If you are supervisor, and on salary, you are likely an exempt employee:
The criteria for exempt classifications vary; however, a common thread in the exempt status criteria is that employees must use independent judgment in performing the majority of their job duties. Exempt workers do not receive overtime pay, yet the company expects them to work as many hours as it takes to fulfill their job duties, even if they have to work more than 40 hours during the workweek

Basically, if you are paid more than $455 (more in some places) a week and in a management position, you are exempt. You are paid to get the job done, not for your time. The best way to deal with this is to get a very clear idea of the metrics that will be used to judge your performance and do them as efficiently as possible. ie: stay off 4chan at work.

I am in a management position and am good at delegating and efficient with my work outcomes, so I usually work about 32-35 hours a week.

When its busy or I have to cover an employee that is sick/quit/got fired, it can be more.

Look now is your chance to join the managment end of the labor force. If you cmplain about getting paid by the hour, they can arrange that and involves being demoted to wage cuck.
>>
>>2583496
>>2583247
I am hourly despite being a supervisor and I believe my boss, the account manager, is as well. I'll need to take a closer look at my contract to check things out, and the 'unpaid overtime' parts are not problems of efficiency. I need to wait at one site while my relief goes to get equipment at the other site since we can't leave the site unmanned.
>>
>>2583109
Just buy ETH
>>
>>2583584

How much are you paid?
>>
>>2583614
16.50 an hour, so I am over that 455 limit. Looks like I'll just have to suck it up or find another job if I don't like it. I've been meaning to find a better job for a while, honestly, and coupled with the new, shittier commute this might be a good time. The promotion will give my resume a boost at least.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.