[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Facebook marketing said no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: marijuana.jpg (80KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
marijuana.jpg
80KB, 960x1440px
Got a new product that works with medical marijuana and was planning to advertise it on a facebook page, but Facebook's ad policy says no "promoting" illegal activities.

Anyone have experience getting around this? Or should I just bite the bullet and start advertising elsewhere?
>>
>>2582188
use instagram, no one fucking uses facebook anymore, especially young people which will be your target
>>
>>2582221
Facebook owns instagram and the ads would have run on both insta and facebook.
>>
>>2582248
they have differnt ad policies, and you can just shill your account through other means that direct FB ads anyway
>>
>>2582374
>they have differnt ad policies
Alright I'll check this out and report back.
>>
>>2582374
Looks like Instagram has the same issue - won't approve ads that "promote" illegal activity, and even though we are selling in a legal state and we aren't even selling weed, we are unlikely to get approved.
>>
I am sure Facebook would be very pleased to show your Marijuana Ads to Grandmas that are Surfing Facebook...

LOL come on man...
>>
>>2582503
well, then use the way that everyone advertises on isntagram- either make a shill account and use SEO to popularize it or just pay random instagram whores with following to post pictures shilling your product
>>
>>2582533
Actually you can target facebook ads so that only people who have an interest in medical marijuana see it.
>>
>>2582540
That's probably what I'm going to have to do. I'm only selling in Washington right now (legal state) so I'm browsing for highly-followed weed users in Seattle right now.
>>
>>2582562
I see that but consider that Smoking Ads are banned... Are you sure it isn't some funny bullshit with that?
>>
>>2582605
Its something to do with FCC and DOJ - Facebook doesn't want to be considered "aiding and abetting" someone selling weed, which is still illegal federally. Even though we are only weed-related, they want nothing to do with that market.
>>
>>2582576
yeah, also, you probably dont have enough money to hire the successful whores with hundres of thousands of followers, for a new profuct, someone with a few thousands will be enough and not that expensive
>>
>>2582686
I'm hoping to find someone willing for about $300 and with ~1000-2000 followers. Figure that's a good amount for a startup.
>>
>>2582188
Medical marijuana is legal in most states, I think you'll be fine. Besides the whole point of medical is that you need a prescription, so you're in the clear.
>>
>>2582755
you are paying too much lad, people with 1k followers should shill your for like 50$ per pic
>>
>>2582778
Srsly? $50 to shill our product? Fuck me glad I haven't made any offers at $300 yet. Insta shills are new to me as far as marketing goes so any other tips feel free to tell me.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.