[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sia Obelisk Unveiled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: download.jpg (5KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 228x221px
Sia is releasing a 28nm, full-custom ASIC. This ASIC will be a complete package, similar to an antminer. You will receive a mining box that includes chips, power supplies, etc. The miner will require minimal setup, and minimal knowledge of hardware or components to operate.

https://obelisk.tech
https://www.reddit.com/r/siacoin/comments/6j1gyg/obelisks_sia_asics_full_details/
>>
>not accepting sia
>June 2018

I'm selling
>>
>spend $2500 for a $250 return.
>>
>>2579126
"We will be selling the miners for Bitcoin. We expect the sale volume to be very large (in the tens of millions of dollars), and we feared that the Sia cryptocurrency would not have enough liquidity to handle all of that volume, resulting in the price rising quickly as people scramble to buy Siacoin for the ASIC, and then the price falling quickly as we convert the Siacoin to USD. This is the worst of both worlds - participants buy the siacoin at a premium, and then we sell them at a discount. Bitcoin has much, much deeper liquidity, and we can sell large volume of Bitcoin quickly without moving the price too much."
>>
>>2579165
>price rising quickly
>price falling quickly

That's exactly what I wanted
>>
>>2579211
They're fucking over anyone mining with a PC without rewarding existing miners/holders with a pump. Fucking faggots. Ree.
>>
File: sia.png (73KB, 1380x497px) Image search: [Google]
sia.png
73KB, 1380x497px
What is with crypto companies and garbage announcements? Don't pre-announce news and hype it unless its hugely positive.
>>
>>2579110
I'm confused on what they are trying to achieve with this. Who are they targeting?

>upfront costs are too expensive to convince a non-miner to mine even if it takes no knowledge
>Miners are going to continue using current rigs cause why not
>some how expects tens of millions of dollars
>>
Tap into China market/mining community maybe? they big on those ready made miners..
>>
File: xd.jpg (19KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
xd.jpg
19KB, 258x245px
>>2579789
>we dont want china miner domination!
>thats why we made custom asics and are going to sell them
>..to china btw
>>
>>2579531
>Miners are going to continue using current rigs cause why not

you are fucking retarded.
to achieve the hash rate that this asic will offer, youd have to spend roughly 10-15x the amount on GPU's.
No. Nobody will continue mining siacoin with GPU's once ASIC's are released, except for genuine imbeciles and fucking 2nd graders
>>
>>2579861
jihan controls more than 66% of bitcoin mining, which is the reason he gets to flaunt his dick infront of everyone regarding august 1st.
they are personally distributing these asics and ensuring that no one entity controls more than 1/5th of them, ensuring both safety from 51% attacks and a jihan type scenario where the majority miners try to take control.
If another company comes along and makes asics for siacoin and doesn't sell them to anybody but instead uses them for themselves, theres nothing anyone can do.
At the very least the sia team is making sure that the first wave of asic miners will be guaranteed to be decentralized and ensure a fair distribution of units.
>>
>>2579110
This whole thing is a multi-level marketing scheme.
In this case, the miner is also the consumer.
>>
i am selling my siacoin. WTF is this, that you have to pay extra funds, if price of bitcoin goes down. to the moon my ass. Verge and bitbay are doing better than this shit
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.