[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

corporate performance review

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1497010254464.jpg (476KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1497010254464.jpg
476KB, 1280x1280px
i work for a large corporation in the technology sector and just got a mid year performance review. i was told i'm doing a great job, that i'm going places in the company, and that my work is impressive and i continue to grow and could be a future leader within the company. but my quantitative score was average, 4/5, which is essentially what everyone else in my position gets except for the slackers. i told my manager straight out i expected to get 5/5 since that is not only what i got during my previous position in the company, but i work longer hours than people in my position, and was constant reassured by her that i'm doing great. i also gave examples of why specific parts of my review should be moved from a 4/5 to a 5/5. many of my colleague also tell me that i work incredibly hard. my manager just insisted her 5/5 is someone that is perfect. on several occasions, in private, and once in front of her other direct report, i challenged my manager's decisions because i felt she was leading the team in the wrong direction. publicly, i always had her back after she made a decision though. i'm pretty sure this, and the fact that i will be reporting to another manager soon in a different department, is the reason i did not get a 5/5.

i took the "will go far in this company" comment as double speak for "youre a smuck that will do more work than needed with no reward." i am wondering if i am being to pessimistic or if management really views me as someone that will be compensated for their hard work?
>>
>>2572009
who cares about a difference between a 4/5 and a 5/5 on a review in the first place?
they literally told you you're fine and don't have to worry about it.
>>
>>2572063
what an unhelpful comment. once you get a real job come back you underage prick
>>
>>2572063
>who cares about a difference
performance reviews are factored directly into my end of year bonus and my pay grade assessments. comments aren't taken into account.
>>
Wow, I really wanted to be reminded of the wagenigger plantation when I came home today, great thread OP.

If you actually care about the stupid performance review you are definitely a schmuck, doubly so because you couldn't even get your overseer to give you 5/5. If you want to be compensated better you don't focus on working harder, you provide more value for your masters and then negotiate extra compensation from a position of leverage <- where most dumb wagecattle fuck up thinking their "hard work" will get rewarded when they literally give it away for free. If you really think you're being taken advantage of look for another job, don't be a tool. The fact that your manager thinks she can get away with giving you a mediocre review just reveals that she believes that either you aren't actually that important or that you have no spine.
>>
>>2572009
Reward culture in business is just THE MAN telling you what to do. Find a job that respects you for who you are.
>>
get a different boss or leave the company
>>
They put nearly ALL employees at 4/5 to make them work harder, it's a scheme.
>>
You've made this thread before, haven't you? I'm getting deja vu.
>>
>>2572009
>work hard and get recognized/rewarded
Holy shit, you're such a gullible faggot. Pro tip, if you're not in senior management, or taking steps to put yourself into such a position, you'll simply be viewed as a drone and waste your time.
>>
>>2574282
not me
>>2574380
a sr director said only fools work hard to me and a bunch of new hires when we first came on, but in a joking way. this is my first job in corporate world but starting to think it really is all just smoozing the right people to move up.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.