[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on Steem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: steemit.png (79KB, 1200x628px) Image search: [Google]
steemit.png
79KB, 1200x628px
Steemit has a really good premise: a social network in which you get paid in Steem for posting. I think that such an idea would have great promise, considering how much money social media networks make off of advertising and such and now that power is transmitted to the users.

However, looking at Steemit, I've heard that there aren't any protections against having your posts stolen. For instance, if I start a very popular post about an engaging subject, there is no enforcement mechanism to prevent another person from copy pasting my post and making money off of it, even though it wasn't their creation. I just started a Steemit account and I haven't started posting, so I'm not sure if this is true or not, but I heard it from a commentator talking about Steem.

To prevent stuff like that, Steemit's closest partner, Reddit, uses complex algorithms and even still those fail. Steemit's white paper seems to gloss over the subject and doesn't really provide specific information about this.

In the long run, is there promise for Steem and Steemit?
>>
>>2560033
>Redpill me on

BACK TO /POL Newcoiny!
>>
The blockchain should be able to keep track of which version was created first.

However, it would not be able to protect against plagiarism of ideas where the content describing the ideas was rewritten with different words.
>>
>>2560033
>there is no enforcement mechanism
yes there is
https://steemit.com/steemitabuse/@cheetah/cheetah-bot-explained
gtfo with your lack of research and redpill me cuz I'm lazy bullshit
>>
>>2560771
Thanks for linking to this, it was of interest to me.
>>
>>2560033
that's a valid concern OP; as soon as we cross into monetization of x there will always be copycats, russians and chinks trying to play the system
>>2560085
redpill means to give the whole truth and nothing but the truth, not the (((truth)))
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.