[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MARGIN TRADING = CUCKED BY WHALES

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: help_I_lost_all_my_ETH.png (44KB, 829x576px) Image search: [Google]
help_I_lost_all_my_ETH.png
44KB, 829x576px
don't margin trade ETH you fucking idiots
>>
what does it mean to margin trade

like to watch it live and see that its rising so short it and watch it fall and make money? that kind of thing?
>>
What's wrong with margin trading? Aren't you just basically borrowing money from gdax?
>>
>>2551897
you are, but during these flash crashes GDAX (or any other exchange) will liquidate your position and you have no way to hold on while ETH recovers, plus you're still on the hook for what you owe

also just like your gains are multiplied by using your money + borrowed money, your losses are also multiplied when you need to get out of a bad position
>>
>>2551992
How come they force liquidate? I thought you had 28 days to close your position. Sorry I am newb to margin trading but not total newfag
>>
>>2551897
>Borrowing money to gamble
Try the gambling helpline instead
>>
>>2552025
If I knew I could do this when eth was $50 it'd be a no brainer
>>
>>2551895
means you borrow money to buy or sell

makes your profits and losses have a multiplier on them, depending on how much you borrow

there are liquidation points where your order gets cancelled if you go into too much debt and you lose everything, so that flash crash to 13$ registered and everyone got margin called
>>
>>2552016

see below; if you never go into that much debt then you have the full 28 days, but otherwise the exchange will take action to limit/recoup their losses on what they loaned you

>>2552062
>>
File: B14wgJDIIAI0asB.jpg-large.jpg (112KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
B14wgJDIIAI0asB.jpg-large.jpg
112KB, 1024x682px
>>2552097
Thx m8
>>
I put 25 dollars because I'm a poorfag neet and did some margin trading. The other day I had 150 dollars now I have nothing :(
>>
Man, I should've seen it coming and put up some lowball limit orders on GDAX. I bet at least like half of the people that got screwed over were people from Reddit that opened ETH longs using 100% ETH as collateral.
>>
File: Too_Hot.jpg (502KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Too_Hot.jpg
502KB, 1920x1200px
>>2552305
lmao

Those faggots deserve it
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.