[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is selling all the ICOs on HitBTC for like 7x the price really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1495713996792.jpg (306KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1495713996792.jpg
306KB, 2048x1536px
>have coins from ICO
>sell them on HitBTC presale thing for 8x the price

What's the catch?

Do these coins drop after they hit exchanges?

Bancor was going at 100x or something for a few hours. It's still about 7x ico price.

Could I actually have sold on that?

Should I sell at 7x ICO price on HitBTC or wait for it to hit bigger exchanges?
>>
Well because of how bancor works it can't really rise very much in the short term... for other icos it might be ok though
>>
>>2544597
Dammit. I thought the 100x selling price "wasn't real" or something in HitBTC.

I could have sold for a ridiculously high price for a few days and I saw that but didn't act on it.

So I'm confused.

Does this stuff normally dump hard when it hits the big exchanges? Or does it stay up?

The HitBTC thing seems too good to be real and I'm fucking kicking myself if it is because it means I could have sold my $200 worth of BNT for $20,000.
>>
>>2544583
im pretty sure that HitBTC selll IOUs, they arent actual tokens. you cant transfer your bancor tokens to HiTBTC. the same thing happened with ptoy, the price skyrocketed just after the ICO finished
>>
>>2544624
So those aren't actual tokens. Bancor can't be moved till tomorrow. Those are iou's. the exchange bought bnt themselves, then sold the iou's with the promise that they would be replaced with real tokens as soon as the tokens can actually be moved from the wallets that bought them at ico. It's easy to fake price on such a low volume exchange. I could buy .000001 of a coin, pay at an equivalent rate of 1 btc per that coin, and make it look like the market actually hit that price while realistically spending a tiny amount of btc. This sort of manipulation is very common with new coins
>>
>>2544676
Ok so I actually bought some IOUs of Bancor on the site the day of the Bancor ICO.

The price of the IOU has gone up in value since I bought them, it seems.

Should I just sell my IOU for Bancor, which is already on HitBTC, now?

Or should I wait for the actual Bancor token?

Also I could have just set a sell limit and it would have been filled, even though it's just an IOU, right?

next time I'll know.

It just seems like these IOUs always go up.

So wouldn't it make sense to buy the IOUs and then set a sell limit much higher and hope it gets filled, for big coins like Status I mean?
>>
>>2544729
If I were you I would sell immediately. Bancor will open at ico price. When this happens that exchange will be flooded with real tokens and crash. I expect it to go up, but nowhere near 7x
>>
File: IOUmarket.png (23KB, 454x435px) Image search: [Google]
IOUmarket.png
23KB, 454x435px
>>2544766
Ok.

I regret not selling when it was like 20x now that I know this though. Damn.

Looking at the IOU orders, this seems like where the real volatility is.

I mean look at this. It looks like a ton of money could be made just selling and buying these IOUs.

Is that all it is.
>>
>>2544797
Look at the volume buddy. say I make a coin with 100 billion tokens called asscoin. It gets posted to yobit. I sell one of them to myself for 1 dollar. Is asscoin worth 100 billion dollars? If you saw this price increase and didn't look at the volume, you would buy and not realize that nobody is actually going to buy large amounts of asscoin for a dollar each.
>>
>>2544859
Ok I see, but I'm dealing with like $500 or so it seems like an easy way to double it up.
>>
>>2544891
If you can actually sell what you buy. The "sell high" part of the phrase is important. If you bought 0.1 bnt you could easily sell it to these guys. But if you bought $500 worth at .007 btc or whatever? No one on there is going to buy that much of the iou's at that price.
>>
>>2544916
Ok I see your point...the buy wall for BNT is roughly 4 BTC now.

Would you recommend waiting for an ICO with a little money in HitBTC, buying the IOUs immediately there, and then selling for a higher price a few days later?
>>
>>2544977
Um, you're looking at hitbtc right? There isn't a 4 btc buy wall there. What is your understanding of the term "buy wall?"
>>
>>2545020
You're right, I misspoke. But there are 4 BTC worth of buy orders.

There's 0.798 BTC worth of buy orders at 7x the Bancor ICO price. And I just sold what little BNT IOU I had bought from that site the day of the ICO into that buy order.

So it's very small money, but maybe I could turn my $300 on this site into $400 or $500 or something by doing this.

I see your point now though.
>>
>>2545067
lol you are total noob please just sell and stfu thanks.
>>
>>2545067
Just make sure you keep your investment low until you actually understand trading
>>
>>2545127
No I do understand.

I was just saying that since ICO coins tend to elease within the first hour or so on HitBTC and then shoot up to 10x their price, albeit with low volume but still, someone is buying a few BTC worth several times higher than the ICO, it might make sense if I wait for a big ICO, then buy a bunch of IOU for the ICO coin on Hitbtc as soon as it's released and set a sell wall for it at 4-5x higher.

This pattern seems to be repeating for every ICO token they have.

Apparently I just made about $200 already on Bancor without even realizing it, because I sold my IOU and checked the profit and loss.
>>
>>2545067
Just be careful, what you're doing is very high risk-medium reward. Consider trading higher volume coins and really learning to read an orderbook before you play such a volatile game. Good luck.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.