[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you invest in a cryptocurrency based startup?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Its about a device I am creating. Its a small server that connects to your wifi and serves a hard wallet inside your local lan.

Now you can load a local webpage in your computer (Served by the device though the router). To login you need a paired mobile that will show an OTP. Every transaction you make will be shown in your mobile app, and must be acknoledged there so the device then signs the transaction.

Only conections from the land are accepted, and only for the device that has a session started with the otp.

There's a business model behind the project, but I want to know if people of /biz/ would invest.

This is a real project that my team and I are building, and I want to know what you think. I will prepare documentation if anyone asks for it.
>>
I don't understand it.
>>
>>2537147
probably not, but can I get a quick rundown?
>>
>>2537174
So imagine a pendrive. This pendrive only needs the usb connection in order to power it. But it connects to your router, and your local lan.

When this device is connected, in your PC you can load a specific webpage, and you will see something similar to coinbase, but encapsulated inside the pendrive. Your private keys for all your cryptos are stored inside this pendrive.

There's no downtime because you own the server.

When you want to send coins, the device will push a notification to your mobile so you can confirm it (This proces is done by sending to your mobile an alphanumeric string that you will need to type in the computer).
>>
>>2537147
It can't be a one time pad unless your server and mobile share the secrets in advance... And what happens if you lose your phone?

Are you sure you mean OTP?
>>
>>2537215
I will continue:

Because the device has no OS there's no malware you can install on it, and your private keys never leave the device. This is very convinient for normies who don't know shit about security.

The business model behind the device is that we can sell services like we can be resellers of cryptopay visa's and so on...
>>
>>2537244
This also doesn't make any sense. How can it have no OS when you're serving webpages?

Are you programming a full network stack and web server with CGI into hardware? kek
>>
>>2537227
The first time you power the device, you have to download an app. This app locates the device (bluetooth). And asks you to select your wifi ssid and type the password. These credentials are then sent to the device.

The device then will create all the secrets shared with the app and will ask you for a pin code.

The device creates the seed that will be used for all your wallets.

The app asks you to put an NFC card on the device (to make a backup of everything). An NFC card can store data for 100 years.

The app asks you to write down 12+ words that are shown.

The device is prepared to run, and now connects to your router.
>>
File: $_1.jpg (20KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
$_1.jpg
20KB, 400x266px
>>2537291
Because I'm using an ESP8266 board with a microcontroller that can be programed. (pic related)
>>
>>2537291
And here you have the Open Source framework for high efficiency native ESP8266 development

https://github.com/SmingHub/Sming

Next question?
>Pro tip: this is a serious venture, I have everything more or less researched:)
>>
>>2537426
How do you plan on supporting TLS 1.2? Does the device even have that level of power? Even PCI standards require encryption on LANs now. Any data sent over WiFi without encryption is a very bad idea.

Also, I'm still a little worried. Linux (and assorted software) receives constant updates from attackers, and has lots of eyes on it. Libraries for random chips are a completely different story.

And not really to downplay your idea, but aren't there plenty of hardware wallets out there? Why would anyone buy your piece of hardware?
>>
>>2537426

I still don't understand it.
>>
>>2537445
The device has already been tested with TLS 1.2, and my colleague is experimenting with this:
http://www.embedded.com/design/prototyping-and-development/4006433/Implementing-SSL-on-8-bit-micros

Are you starting to be interested?
>>
>>2537453
How can I help you?
>>
>>2537445
This is another library that could proably be tried
https://github.com/cesanta/mongoose
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.