[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Medfag dilemma

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 20170615_225214.png (1MB, 1270x1796px) Image search: [Google]
20170615_225214.png
1MB, 1270x1796px
>that feel when you are a medical student during your last "summer vacation" ever, i.e. before year 2 begins, and you are torn between spending your precious time taking advantage of the once-in-a-lifetime crypto-bubble versus the equally once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to complete a research project & study for the board exam so that you can match into an ultra-competitive specialty that pays $450,000/year salary

Fuck me. Short term profit vs. Delayed gratification...I honestly don't have time to do both.

What do?
>>
you made this thread to brag about being in medschool

fuck off your narcissistic twat
>>
MD or DO?
>>
>>2517423
quit being a faggot

>tfw rising second year dental student

I want to do oral surgery, which is a 4-6 year residency. my dream is to pay off my insane dental school loans with my memecoin gains (and i started with a 500$ investment)
>>
>>2517487
MD. Gunning for derm.
>>2517440
No, I honestly didn't. I just need advice from people who know cost-benefit analysis
>>
>>2517511
Would I have to report me crypto holdings to the financial aid office? I.e. on tax forms? I would probably lose my financial aid if I made it to lamboland. Would still be worth it. I dont want to end up as a fucking pediatrician over it though
>>
>>2517525

Is it even worth it being a medfag? Yeah it's all about "muh 425k starting" and you're fucking 35 by the time you settle down. Not to mention the stress.
>>
>>2517423
Study of course. But there's a small chance crypto works out, in which case most people here now will be retired by the time you finish school and more important than you for at least another decade / probably forever. Either specialize in lambo accidents or buy a modest amount of something now and leave it alone while you study to cover your bases.
>>
>>2517571
What crypto holdings?
You mean that money that you lost in the bitcoin scam?

Use your head anon.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (5KB, 306x165px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
5KB, 306x165px
>tfw you complete your pre-med bachelor's but decide to say fuck it and ride the crypto train
Feelsgoodman
>>
>>2517610
>specialize in lambo accidents
kek'd

>>2517571
I'm just going to hold and pay taxes on long term gains. probably won't even pay off any loans during residency and my crypto gains just keep mooning (or crash into nothing and I drink myself into oblivion)
>>
>>2517423
Buy things that look promising, put into cold storage, then delete all of your crypto bookmarks. Get your amazing job and let your crypto moon unseen. Out of sight, out of mind. Then once you're secure and have some time (at least a year past buy in, ideally several) check if you're in lamboland or not. Adjust portfolio as needed, shovel some of those wagie dollars into new and interesting things, then leave it alone again. Actively trading will eat up all your hours and just end up with you chasing /biz/ pump and dumps.
>>
>>2517598
The debt is trivial if youre not a retard with $. The reason people make a big deal about the debt is because most doctors are absolutely retarded with $. They graduate med school and buy luxury cars instead of paying off their debt...If you just live frugally for a couple years, you can easily knock out the debt in no time. And what do you mean by "settle down"? As in a family and shit? I am already married , personally. Married really young. Luckily my wife works as a nurse and makes $80K/year , so she is chipping away at my debt as we speak. She reduces my stress too. Not gonna lie, it is stress inducing. Eventually you sort of just become numb though. I am at that point where I have done so many things that I previously thought were insurmountably difficult, that I almost don't even think about it anymore. I just trudge along. I will be an attending physician (i.e. making the "big bucks") at age 32. Not terrible. I feel like that's when most people in other professions reach their peak anyway. Plus, I will get paid during my 4-year residency after med school. Sure, it will be an insultingly low $55K/year, but at least I'll be making some money...My goal is to retire by age 45. Knock out my entire debt before I become an attending, and then just funnel the bulk of my $400,000+ salary into investments.
>>
fuck off no one gives a shit
>>
>>2517598
Fuck no it isn't worth it. I realized this way too late and fell for the college meme.
>>
>>2517753
My issue with that is that it seems like the market is preparing to pop. Make no mistake; we are in a massive bubble. The chart does not lie. Things can't just move vertically forever lol. So, if that's the case and it's about to burst, wouldn't it make sense to wait for the big crash and then buy up all my long-term positions when things are dirt cheap? Or do you see it going a different way? I feel like BTC will go back into the hundreds before it hits $5000+. That's just historically what it has done. Moon, crash, moon, crash, etc.

Thoughts?
>>
>>2517832
We are absolutely in a bubble, but buying at the ATH just means bagholding until the next bubble. Waiting for a dip could be fatal if it turns out this is just the start of the bubble and even in the crash it never gets this low again.
Of course, if you're willing to risk waiting for the crash, it needn't absorb all your time like it has to so many of us. When the crash comes, you'll know about it. It's going to be sudden and brutal and hit everything hard. Set some price alerts, hell you may see it on the normie news, and wait for the pop.
>>
>>2517764

Just seems like there are better ways to retire early if that's what you're into. And I do t mean debt, just that it takes forever to get settled in life with your real job. Compare that to doing a masters in engineering a data tying at 25
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.