[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I miss those threads. Nowdays there are just fucking bit coin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

I miss those threads.

Nowdays there are just fucking bit coin threads nothing to learn here anymore. biz is ded
>>
We're still here mate just seizing the moment on this crypto hype
>>
>>2510258
Yes this >>2510435

You've got to take your opportunities as they come.

But I've read quite a few of those books if you'd like to discuss them? A great many can be summarised as "live below your means and invest the surplus into index funds for compound growth" though.

Which is your favourite of those books OP?
>>
>>2510749
A lot of favorites, but definitely "Think and grow rich" was one of them. Really thought me a lot about how your thoughts can change your live.

What was yours ?
>>
>>2510869
>Think and grow rich
That's one I've not read. What's the main message? Does the message stand out compared to, say, The Millionaire Next Door or any of the 'live below your means and invest' type books?

It's definitely true that your thoughts influence your life, but there's a fine line between this and wishy-washy cosmic wishlist style self help books. I take it it's not one of those?

On that list, I like The Richest Man In Babylon. The message isn't particularly new but it's quite poetic. I remember a line about making gold coins your slave and making their children and their children's children your slaves (compound interest).

A book not on that list I would recommend is Zero to One by Peter Thiel. I don't agree with 100% of the stuff in it but it's a very original book with lots of new perspectives and ideas. It also covers a lot of ground and is easy to read.

There are a lot of paths to wealth. But I think the most sure-fire short term method is to start your own business. Index funds will get you there in the long term and you can't always rely on bubbles like crypto. But a good business is the path to escaping wage slavery at a young age. Thiel's book is good inspiration for this but is mainly geared toward big tech startups, not little dropshipping websites or whatever (which can be very profitable).
>>
>>2510994
Zero to one is an amazing book. The concept of the power law - 5% of investments will perform extremely well and return way above the value of the fund, 15% will flatline, and 80% will lose money. Very applicable to crypto - think btc, eth, ltc, monero being the 5%, and shitcoins being the long tail.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.