[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has nepotism ever gotten you a job? If so, did you feel guilty?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: AtomHeartMotherCover.jpg (34KB, 300x294px) Image search: [Google]
AtomHeartMotherCover.jpg
34KB, 300x294px
Has nepotism ever gotten you a job?
If so, did you feel guilty?

>Yes
>Yes
Graduated college. Dad immediately calls a fraternity brother of his who is in charge of hiring people with my degree. I apply and magically skip the interview process.
I've worked here for a month. It makes me feel like less of a man knowing daddy quite literally got me this job
>>
Nepotism almost got me a job. Pretty filthy I didn't get it because my crypto 100x gains would be worth millions instead of hundreds of thousands.
>>
all that dick sucking on daddy finally payed off huh?
>>
Me? No. I'm poor white trash.

I had an ex whose dad was a really powerful dude in state level politics. She had an absolute shit GPA, and wouldn't land a job at even the most shit company. Her dad made a phone call and she got a job at a place that 4.0 perfectionists struggle to even get an interview.
>>
How you feel about nepotism is understandable. It's always felt like a shitty thing to favor one qualified person over another qualified person simply because right place right time.

Nepotism ensures that if you fuck up the job, you'll lose interpersonal relations with a person and that in turn encourages you to not fuck up or quit as you'll lose a contact in your industry if you fail or act poorly.

Nepotism, though it isn't very nice or fair to use as a resource in hiring an employee, is a powerful tool for employee and employer.

Don't feel too bad anon, I got my first 2 jobs through family contacts. Neither time I was asked, but it was probably better for me in the long run.
>>
>>2509936
if you feel that way, then prove you deserved the job.
>>
Yeah I had a job from Nepotism (fathers business partner got me the job).

People sort of caught on to it and I was treated like shit by my co-workers and my managers gave me bad comments all the time.

But I stuck to the job till I was good enough to be a key member of the team, made the haters shut up since they can't shit on me for my performance.

Then things started getting really downhill at the job (loss of revenue, loss of staff, etc) then I just resigned after getting my bonus. Fuck'em, all these people are suffering in the shit right now and I couldn't be happier.

Least I got that place on my CV.
>>
>>2509936
No, never. Be extremely grateful you have people who give a shit about you. Some of us don't.
>>
Not entirely nepotism, since nobody related to me works in the company I'm at, but my mother was a project manager for 10 years and retired because of disability.

A woman that used to work under her came calling about needing someone to fill a work at home role. I literally just sent in my application and a month later they were forcing a laptop down my throat.

Now I am working from home, basically 90% downtime, make a fine salary. I spend most of my day on 4chan perusing crypto opportunities and making money on steemit.

Even if I got a 30k raise but had to work in an office I wouldn't take it. Working from home with a high downtime job is basically the best thing that will ever happen in my life. I will regret it when I eventually get promoted out of these days.
>>
>>2509936
Hell yes and hell no.
I get jobs by networking which is to say I get then through people who are well connected that I've impressed.
There's a guy who formerly owned a business in our trade and therefore knows a lot of other business owners. So I did some work for him - showed up on time every day and worked hard, showed interest. I ask if I can use him as a reference - he says sure, and says if I ever need a job I can come to him and he'll find me one.
When the time came that I wanted to take the offer I was working by the end of the week for a great company, gave me a vehicle and phone if you needed it, tools, all sorts of insurance coverage.

You must remember that in most cases (sans when daddy's the boss) nepotism really only works if the nepot works. Otherwise you're just another bad hire. It's a way to get a foot in the door.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.