[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

REAL ESTATE THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 8c6864a939bbbcccced5b2b3f0d7b4f8.jpg (108KB, 564x1260px) Image search: [Google]
8c6864a939bbbcccced5b2b3f0d7b4f8.jpg
108KB, 564x1260px
Let's take a break from the crypto threads and discuss real estate. I've been reading up on it and for a small down payment you can purchase a property, renovate and sell it. The minimum amount of money you need to have saved to invest I most commonly see is $20-25k.

Does anyone have any tips? Btw I'm a BritBong so it's difficult for me to find resources geared towards the UK. Here are some sites:

>biggerpockets.com
Probably the best resource for REI, if you live in the US it's perfect.

>thepropertyhub.net
for UK people
>>
If you can get reliable contractors it's worth it.

Unfortunately ALL (yes, ALL) contractors lack common sense, intelligence, and skills to complete any task at hand.

These projects are profitable IF AND ONLY IF you have the skills to renovate.

Seriously though, contractors will want to charge the salary worth that of a rocket scientist with a PHD from MIT. I really hate those people, they truly are a cancer and worthless pieces of shit. Assume all stereotypes are true about these people.

This isn't something as easy as you think it is. You run into more problems gutting a house that makes the project ten fold more expensive, then compound that with your uneducated toothless dropout heroin addict as a contractor who want $70/hr to fix a problem he should have forseen earlier. Maybe more houses will collapse on these people.
>>
>>2508015
Yeah I was worried about that. I'm only just starting out, so I'm thinking of networking with other REIs and potentially finding contractors through them. That way they're already vetted rather than my inexperienced ass trying to figure out who is good.
>>
property repairs is only good if u get a good deal on the property value , own your own contractor to fix it with cheap supplies and resell .
>>
>>2509300
It might be great if it only needs some slight cosmetic changes and fixes. Sometimes a little makes a huge difference. Obviously a falling apart shithole would be a pain in the ass to fix
>>
>>2509346 example , found a place cost about 45k needs about 5-15k of repairs at a pristine condition place can go for 65 , but im risking 50k on it , then there is real easte feees, taxes low ballers ... so far real estate has been a hassle for me ,
i domt know , i remember the hassle to sell my grandpas place i cant imagine doing this full time i think there are better more secure investments
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.