[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

USDT - Tether

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

What the fuck is this scam? Do people actually use this?

From their "Legal" ToS page:
>There is no contractual right or other right or legal claim against us to redeem or exchange your Tethers for money. We do not guarantee any right of redemption or exchange of Tethers by us for money. There is no guarantee against losses when you buy, trade, sell, or redeem Tethers.

Seriously? I'd rather take my chances with fucking Mooncoin.
>>
Yea it's pretty meme.

I have to question, what in the fuck is going to happen on say Poloniex when everyone hides in USDT while bitcoin is crashing.

It's not like you can just transfer USDT to the Tether website then cash out. It would be impossible, because the number of Tethers in existence has to match the number that they have in their reserve.

But if all these people are trying to get the fuck out of Bitcoin which has more market value than the amount of money the group distributing these tethers have in reserve.

Then I assume chaos will occur, people will have to cash out of USDT to real USD at a decreased rate, like 0.5 USDT to 1 USD. Assuming they wanted to, which they probably would is the crash was serious enough.
>>
>>2505590
>I have to question
To answer your questioning, they hold 1 USD for each USDT and there's some kind of way for the public to confirm that they do indeed hold that amount of money.
>>
>>2505590
>when everyone hides in USDT while bitcoin is crashing
There is not going to be enough USDT for exchange in those times
>>
>>2505639

Yea but how is that possible, if the majority of Bitcoin on Poloniex alone was transferred all into USDT.

Wouldn't that exceed the amount of USDT that they have in reserve?
>>
>>2505683

*Of USD in reserve*
>>
>>2505590

Poloniex came up with this Tether scam to stave off their looming insolvency. They are now not obligated to pay out ANY fiat when people run for the exits.
>>
>>2505683
>Wouldn't that exceed the amount of USDT that they have in reserve?
Correct. Whenever there is a BTC crash, there is a subsequent USDT run that causes its value to actually increase above $1.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.