[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you gave passport to coinbase and alike

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1497605454965.jpg (59KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
1497605454965.jpg
59KB, 655x527px
You are an utter imbecile. In case of a breach like with mtgox.

They could make up a fake passport using your details and then blow up a plane using them (well, not using the passport to blow the plane up but to get ON a plane that they then blow up, you know what I mean). I would say that is pretty much about as bad as it can get. Financially, they can create bank accounts, credit cards, buy cars, maybe a house in your name and leave you with all the debt.

Also with your passport info they can
>open account in another exchange and bank and transfer your money through that and used to have access to hundreds of dummy banks accounts.

>In some countries, you can ask for a loan.

>They can reset your passwords if the support is stupid. It was used to reset hotmail/yahoo passwords.

>forge an identical passport minus the photo.
>>
>>2502415
:(

I gave my password and have been receiving strange mails about opening accounts I don't want.

Could this be the cause?
>>
>>2502453

Sorry lad, not gonna make it. Enjoy repaying those 200 million to government though.
>>
Better to Coinbase than anyone on local bitcoins lmao
>>
>>2502415
I can't even get a credit card. How would they do it pretending to be me.
>>
>>2502529
In other countries. Identity theft is real and it can get you in a lot of trouble to prove it was not you. Also could block your bank accounts and get you in expensive lawsuits if the breach happens.
>>
>burgers worry about identity theft on obscure crypto shit
>meanwhile their mailboxes aren't locked
Explain this to me, ameribros. Someone could pick up your bank statement or your gas bill when it comes through snail mail and steal so much of your shit with this information.
>>
>>2502584
Well im not retarded enough to gib the jews my passport

obviously its a saftey hazzard and they dont care because jews
>>
>>2502653
>10 years in prison
>federal crime
Nah, no one is doing that.
>>
>>2502660
So what did you give them?
>>
>>2502987
They don't require a photo ID if you attach your bank account.
>YOUR BANK ACCOUNT HOLY SHIT IT'S GOING TO GET STOLEN AND YOU'LL LOSE ALL YOUR MONEY
FDIC insured and my (highly reputable) bank specifically partners with Coinbase.
>>
>>2503007
What do I need to tell memelords at my bank to open so I could trade?
I got my debit/internet visa card, but is there a specific standard for bank account to trade with coinbase?
>>
I gave them my passport but it was invalid so not really going to work anyways
>>
mfw gave gemini and bitstamp my SSN
>>
>>2503158
Kek
>>2503202
I am looking for a way to get into this meme again, but they ask me for ID.

I don't feel safe, at all.
>>
File: DCcNL8oUMAAIJHV.jpg:large.jpg (20KB, 236x341px) Image search: [Google]
DCcNL8oUMAAIJHV.jpg:large.jpg
20KB, 236x341px
>>2502415
These problems wouldnt exist if the government didnt require the collection and long term storage of sensitive data for KYC
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.