[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it bad if I hold my coins in Poloniex instead of separate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: poloniex_icon.png (132KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
poloniex_icon.png
132KB, 720x720px
Is it bad if I hold my coins in Poloniex instead of separate wallets? What's the downside?
>>
It means you need to put trust in Polo and hope they don't steal your money.

Holding separate wallets is a huge hassle tho.
>>
>>2498319
Would they really do that?
>>
>>2498430

Poloniex makes so much god damn money in trading fees daily it would make no sense for them to pull an exit scam.
>>
Have people learnt nothing from Mt Gox?
>>
>>2498453
yup seriously . they probably make as much as they could with an exit scam like every month, and dont have to worry about going to prison.

the only danger is them fucking up and losing your shit, but that danger also exists when you use your own storage
>>
I wanted to send my Bitcoins out. Set up withdraw transaction. Got mail. Clicked the confirmation link in the mail. Page said Oops, link is invalid. The transaction is stuck in Awaiting Approval state for second week now. I can't do shit with these coins. Created two support ticket. Not a single reply.

I'm not alone. This is Poloniex. They literally lock your funds if you try to cash out.

At least they had staff to censor the trollbox...
>>
They have any insurance?
>>
>>2498507

it tells me "oops..." every time, but the shit still sends. have you looked up the transaction on block explorer?

the only problem I had was trying to withdraw sia. Had to submit a ticket and took about 10 days before it was resolved.
>>
>>2498515
they don't, but they were hacked several years ago and lost millions, but paid everyone back. They have increased their security quite a bit since then. I trust polo with the majority of my holdings
>>
>>2498507
I just pressed that email link many times and withdraw got through
>>
>>2497980
Would you trust your wealth in a gas station register?
>>
Three risks:
1. Lose access to your account: use a secure password and 2 factor authentication
2.Polo decides to take your shit: unlikely, since they have a nice business going and they would run the risk of fucking it up for no reason.
3.Polo gets hacked: in which case, you'd just have to hope they reimburse you. If they don't then you're SOL.

I would say if you're working with a small amount of money, don't worry about it. If you have a lot of money, try to get it into a wallet you control.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.