[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do not send ETH directly to an Ethereum contract.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: bittrex-394x330.png (79KB, 394x330px) Image search: [Google]
bittrex-394x330.png
79KB, 394x330px
What does this mean? I'm trying to send ETH from Coinbase to my Bittrex account.
>>
it means don't fucking do it. Send to a wallet first
>>
>>2497542
If you send direct it will eat your funds.
You have to send it to 0xe113bcd4edD2bA6AB6B5552EC85336EF281677D5
first then to Bittrex after it clear.
>>
Coinbase can and will ban you for sending BTC or Ethereum to another exchange. Always transfer to a wallet first and then suck up the extra fees/time delay.
>>
Go ahead and send it. Totally fine. Its not a contract.
>>
you are sending to an address not a contract.
>>
>>2497542
Coinbase tracks where coins go. They will shut your account down
>>
>>2497566
Why would they do this? What is thepurpose of coinvase if not to buy currency to send to an exchange.
>>
>>2497566
is this legit?
>>
Thanks guys. What do you recommend for a wallet?
>>
>>2497585
Because you can get money and coins on coinbase without fees. They don't like that they making no money
>>
>>2497592
No. i've done it many times before.
>>
>>2497592
no

>>2497593
myetherwallet
>>
Is a contrct as they say it different to a wallet? I thought they meant don't send it to an ICO or something as when the process those it will look like coinbase bought all the "shares" not you due to how they manage their accounts on coinbase.
>>
>>2497599
Don't they charge/skim a little for each sending transaction? They make £7 per £200 buying btc
>>
>>2497599
The fuck are you going on about?! Of course the charge fees, I've probably lost more in fees than playing my chances over the aggregate. Sole reason I use Coinbase is for LTC and BTC to send to Bittrex and Kraken.
>>
>>2497613
ICO tokens can only be sent to certain types of wallets, coinbase eth wallet is not one of them.
>>
>>2497542
You can send to your Bittrex address. That's not a contract that's just an address. What they're talking about for example, an ICO would make an ethereum contract to send their tokens to that address in exchange for ethereum. If you used an exchange wallet to do that your tokens would be lost because exchange isn't set up for the tokens.
>>
i dont think they will ban you...i send bitcoin from coinbase to bittrex all the time
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.