[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need help acquiring new clients

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

I am a filmproducer. Most new clients of mine have come to me through good recommendations from earlier clients. Objectively looking at what I do, i would say that I am good, perhaps very good at it. Its mainly commercials, company films, infomercials, etc.

I am now in a position where I need to scale things up but I am not sure of how to reach out to new companies. How do i even begin to compete with big production companies?

Friend of mine says; just sit on the phone all day, though you might hate it and book meetings with decision makers, visit them, show them how your idea of a movie can add value/increase sales for them. Hand out as many tenders/quotations as possible. Eventually jobs will start pouring in.

Serious suggestions are appreciated.
>>
Film fag here.

Your friend is right. Also you need to have a website with a bunch of demo stuff. Good demo stuff.

If it wasn't shot well, lit well, sounds well and edited well, then you wont get any love.

Network with as many people as possible in the biz.
>>
Buy the dip
>>
>>2496666

Your friend is somewhat right. Phoning is decreasing its efficiency for years now. Set up a website, very flashy, very slick, don't reinvent anything, just follow up on someone's template who you think is pretty successful and improve from there. Have quality content from your portfolio there and textual explanations of your creative process for at least some selected works. After that is done, look up potential clients and start sending them e-mails. On top of the e-mails, quite literally go up to their doorstep and knock, say you sent a mail and is looking for clients (learn to turn it around mid-conversation to make it seem like you're giving them an opportunity of course). Call people also, if they are far from you/unreachable without appointments, but e-mails are very important, because it stays on their box even if they ignore it at first, whereas you can call all day and no one will know it was you.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.