[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just Cuck My Shit Up, Senpai

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: images (3).jpg (5KB, 268x188px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
5KB, 268x188px
I've been trying to buy LTC for the last 48 hours, but my MIST wallet can't sync to the blockchain. I even tried redownloading the entire chain with geth and using the geth --fast --cache 2048 command. It's gonna take more than a day to download the whole chain again.

Meanwhile I'm missing out on sweet gains. Fuck this nigger wallet.

>JUST
>>
there will be other trips to take, anon. don't rush into ltc late because of fomo.
>>
>>2491491
I know. You're right. But still, I have over 300 ETH I was going to put into LTC this morning. I would of made a very nice and clean profit.
>>
>>2491467
Do you know your private key? Import it to http://www.myetherwallet.com
>>
>>2491510
Just seems so fucking sketchy. Idk what to make of this site.
>>
>>2491519
I've used it. It's fine. I wouldn't use it as my main wallet though.
>>
>>2491533
I just need to get my money out of my private wallet and into coinbase. Then I can sleep easy knowing I'll always be able to access my coins.
>>
>>2491519
It's legit. Trezor is intergrated with it. I found out about it because most ICO's tell you to use it to send from.
>>
>>2491533
Like, if I upload my wallet UTC and enter my password, what's stopping the website from just stealing my coins?
>>
>>2491550
reputation i guess? i'm not sure of the technical aspects of the security. like i said it's fine but it wouldn't be my long term choice.
>>
>>2491550
Nothing. Lots of people have lost their ETH this way.

I lost 16 ETH once from myetherwallet crashing. It is very risky
>>
>>2491467
don't feel bad senpai - same thing happening with my doge wallet that's now worth big bux and i can't liquidate them until the wallet finishes synching.

been working on it since last week.
>>
>>2491566
Fuck, idk what to do if I can't get access to a working node. I'll have to wait 10 years until I can go to a street corner and withdraw my fucking Ether, balls.

MyEtherWallet just sounds fucking sketchy. Has anyone here tried uploading a UTC and withdrawing Ether to another wallet?
>>
Why did LTC suddenly go up like this?

What's the logic? Any news I've missed? Or is it just whales pumping and dumping?
>>
>>2491550
It's open source and the decryption of your private key is done client side. They never see your private key on their end. It's basically like a desktop wallet with a hosted node except the interface is on a browser.
>>
>>2491642
Not on topic, however, I heard it has to do with a rumored BTC hardfork in August, and Charlie Lee returning to the LTC dev team.
>>
>>2491566
wtf myetherwallet crashing should effect your coins. The coins aren't even on the website. It's all client side javascript. You can even make a wallet while you're offline you just can't use the node.
>>
>>2491703
what this guy said
>>
>>2491703
Hmmm,

Regardless of whether or not the decryption is done client side or not, the fact is the website has a copy of your UTC, and it presumably knows your password because you typed it in. So I'm fearful that this data could be compromised.
>>
>>2491717
No websites don't automatically know everything you type on their website. I can type a bunch of shit in the reply box of 4chan but their server will never know unless I hit "Post" because all the text is client side. Maybe you can use Jaxx to import the private key as a paper wallet. Although there's "nothing stopping" Jaxx from sending your private key to their server either except for open source review.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.