[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bitcoin hardfork

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: nerv.jpg (32KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
nerv.jpg
32KB, 480x454px
Redpill me on the hardfork, I need a quick rundown :

So far I have heard these things, which one are true, which one are bullshit ?

>1.if you want to be safe remove BTC from exchanges and store them in a cold wallet so you have the private key
>2.Hardfork wont happen, softfork at best, business as usual
>3.Bitmain or whatever will push the hardfork hard and cuck everyone
>4.BTC will be frozen for a while, panic will occur, no one is safe because all the coins are indexed on BTC therefore they will be worthless when the hardfork arrives
>5.To save your ass you either go back to full fiats, go USDT, or only work on coins indexed on EUR/USD/ETH

So, which one are true, which one are bullshit, what is your strategy ?
>>
come on guys
>>
bump, curious too
>>
Nothing will happen. People will cry it is crashing. It will go down and shoot up to 10k finally. Yeah best is of course to put them into private wallet. It is always better, but also depends on amount of btc to save. I would not care about few....

And btw. BTU is shit. It will not survive. Segwit woth ltc will be thw solution and it is going mainstream this year.

Me personally going to export half of my holdings to private place
>>
bump me daddy
>>
the whole thing is being manipulated by bank of china . they short and cause FUD (through regulation and through jihan) and accumulate cheap coins.
price should be dying but lots of people all over the world who don't speak english have no idea what's going on and keep buying so the price is creeping back up when it really shouldn't be

that's my theory anyway
>>
Hardfork won't happen. No one is retarded enough to want to split BTC.

You all should read this article:
http://www.coindesk.com/first-look-bitcoin-scaling-proposal-segwit2x-gets-alpha-release/
>>
>>2471358
> when it really shouldn't be
Except it's the contrary, price shouldn't be going down, but it is due to misinformation and people panic selling.

BTC will most likely skyrocket after august 1st
>>
>>2471543
>years-long unresolved impasse is coming to a head as different factions ramp up their forking threats
>price shouldn't go down

rly makes me think
>>
>>2470940
Read this anon
http://www.coinworld.io/news/ethereum-bitcoin-rebounds/

>However, over at Bitcoin a cloud of worry is >forming in anticipation of August 1st. Jihan >Wu, owner of Bitmain, made an >announcement that they intend to go with the >hard fork. Right now the community is >deciding whether they will activate an UASF >(User Activated Soft Fork) or hard fork. Jihan >Wu insinuates that Bitmain may “attack” a >potential soft fork.
>>
>>2471560
Except if you actually think long term you will notice that a hard fork will likely not happen. Thus I'm saying the price shouldn't be going down unless if because of people panic selling due to misinformation.
>>
File: 1496518352499.jpg (66KB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
1496518352499.jpg
66KB, 950x534px
>>2470940
>happen
I hope it happens. BitMain is correct, and the hardfork will show.

Big blocks = low fees.
Small Blocks = high fees = need to use coinbase and shit like that...

This leads to: http://www.bitsonline.com/coinbase-disables-account-ross-ulbricht/

When you have a hard fork you have coins in both sides, one will be better than the other. But you are winning money.

Biz retards like to suck (((fake news))) dicks, that's why they are confused and think a hard fork is bad, but when ETH was hardforked, and ETC appear, ETH went stronger, and ETC continued on a different path. Bonus was that users had coins in both chains. Competition is king.
>>
Its simple. Dont listen to all the fud. Its just internal disagreements that spill out into PR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT9kJq_Ogrk
>>
>>2472675
You realize that larger blocks leads to more centralization right? Which means more mining cartel control. Larger blocks makes it hard for Joe schmo miner to download the 10000 TB blockchain
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.