[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will normies really use coins?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: im_01.png (4KB, 304x267px) Image search: [Google]
im_01.png
4KB, 304x267px
Lets face it, it will never happen if stuff stays like this
To start using cryptos for daily uses they'll have to open an account somewhere, verify (it may scare normies away) and after send a bank movement only to see your btc on your wallet a week later, after that they'll have to move it to bittrex, exchange it and after withdraw it on their wallet again
In a few cases you will be able to use a cc but there are very high fees and usually it doesnt work (with coinbase it is always off for me)
Normies' interest will come only when the coin which interests them will be purchasable with cc directly (or paypal because normies trust paypal and shit) and since this is not going to happen any time soon i cant see how cryptos are going to succed in the normie markets
>>
>>2469786
>if stuff stays like this
which is why we have time to make it.
If it was easy we would be too late.
>>
>>2469786

I can see crypto taking off on college campuses, remittance, and a store of value, but anything else, I think crypto hasn't reached a point where its value can be accurately gleaned. Maybe it takes off, maybe it doesn't.
>>
>>2469786
I was watching a CNN series on the 80s tech boom, and a quote from Steve Jobs about the personal computer revolution really struck me... I'm paraphrasing, but the idea was this:

> You use ATMs, right? You use calculators? You're already using personal computers, but you don't even know it. Slowly, we are seducing you, and soon you won't even know how much you rely on them.

The same thing is happening with crypto. People will not even know they're using XRP for intrabank transfers. People won't know they're using STRATIS for cloud storage. People won't even realize they're being served ads based on a BAT token exchange. They'll just know it works, and it'll be seamless.

There will be two types of people: crypto natives like us, and cryptophobes (like boomers in the 80s). Eventually, our children (assuming anyone on /biz/ ever manages to get a female naked at some point) will live in a world where physical currency is no longer a thing. Read Neuromancer. Cash was made illegal in Chiba City.

People are slowly being conditioned to work this way. They will not even realize it has happened until after it is already widely adopted.
>>
>>2469786
>not going to happen any time soon
That is good for us. I hope we have atleast 3 years before we get functioning user facing apps, and another 2 before they are acceptable.
>>
The fees are killing it, people are complaining about 2% paypal fees while with bitcoin it is much higher. I bought the other day a domain at namecheap payed via bitpay. Would have been $10, with Bitcoin I payed $18. Bitpay needs to level the volatility and the customer is paying for it.
>>
Its a matter of generations. Grandmas and the parents right now would probably never understand it. It could start with the ones that are in the early twenties right now and it could be actually mainstream in maybe 40 years.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.